News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

At this point should the Giants just cut Darren Waller?

Started by MightyGiants, April 30, 2024, 12:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TONKA56

Quote from: babywhales on April 30, 2024, 02:41:39 PMWaller's gutless, uninspired brand of football is not what the team needs.

Paying 14 mill for what little he brings to the table I think is a huge waste.

I suspect they will cut him post June 1 so only 1.9 mill will hit this year and 5.9 next year.

It was a nice try but a swing and miss

What did you see in Waller's play that leads you to describe it as gutless? Any examples?

MightyGiants

While Waller isn't sure his heart is still in football, he seems to be all in on his music career

https://x.com/SNYGiants/status/1748432843326267844
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: babywhales on May 01, 2024, 08:27:25 AMLast year Waller was a disappointment and looked like a guy who wasn't all in.  For him to come out this offseason and admit as much, be gone.

I am not convinced Jones can progress through 4 receiving routes on 1 play anyway so there is that... at least in his first 5 years he has not so far

Agree on Waller.  Also, it's hard to progress through 4 receiving routes when you're on your can  or running for your life after your second read.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 01, 2024, 08:38:07 AMWhile Waller isn't sure his heart is still in football, he seems to be all in on his music career

https://x.com/SNYGiants/status/1748432843326267844

Maybe he can team up Young Joka.

This makes me want to cut him even more.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

TONKA56

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 01, 2024, 10:09:58 AMMaybe he can team up Young Joka.

This makes me want to cut him even more.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Maybe they can get OBJ and Lil Wayne to join.