News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

I never before felt so out of it in this thread.  I've never seen any of the movies you're now talking about.  But keep it up.  I'm really liking it.

LennG

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 22, 2022, 11:54:24 AM
It's certainly a saying I have heard before, but I am not aware which movie it's from. Is it from one of the Godfather movies?

Great job Dave, it IS from The Godfather.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: jimv on February 22, 2022, 03:08:28 PM
I never before felt so out of it in this thread.  I've never seen any of the movies you're now talking about.  But keep it up.  I'm really liking it.

Don't want you to feel left out Jim. I know the movies and the kind of movies you like. Some of these are a bit more modern, but never-the-less great movies and knowing you, some you would really like.

I don't think you are a Matrix kind of guy, but a movie like 'The Usual Suspects' which is a sort of crime drama with a real twist for an ending, I know you would like. No blood or guts, no sex, just a good story, and great acting and that ending--wow
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

OK, Lenn.  I'll see if I can get a hold of it.

In the meantime:

"Down Ares!  Up Mars!"

spiderblue43

LennG

Quote from: jimv on February 23, 2022, 10:22:32 AM
OK, Lenn.  I'll see if I can get a hold of it.

In the meantime:

"Down Ares!  Up Mars!"

Jim

How do you find more and more quotes from this movie?  LOL   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charlie Weiss

LennG

OK, you guys are good and got all of my last few quotes. They were pretty easy

a few more on the easy level

1---''Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.'       hint--from one of my all-time favorite westerns

2---

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on February 23, 2022, 04:42:51 PM
OK, you guys are good and got all of my last few quotes. They were pretty easy

a few more on the easy level

1---''Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.'       hint--from one of my all-time favorite westerns

2---
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on February 23, 2022, 06:49:19 PM
3 - Stir Crazy?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Sorry, no

Think really stupid comedy (but funny as hell)

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on February 23, 2022, 08:12:07 PM
Sorry, no

Think really stupid comedy (but funny as hell)
I know it was a white guy that said it. Gene Wilder immediately came to mind. The only other person that I can think of is Steve Martin. Can't remember the movie though.

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

jimv

Quote from: LennG on February 23, 2022, 04:37:15 PM
Jim

How do you find more and more quotes from this movie?  LOL   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Because IMO it's the best movie ever made.

ozzie

#3 is from "The Jerk' with Steve Martin
I'm going to take a guess at #1 and say "The Outlaw Josie Wales"
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Quote from: T200 on February 24, 2022, 08:10:08 AM
I know it was a white guy that said it. Gene Wilder immediately came to mind. The only other person that I can think of is Steve Martin. Can't remember the movie though.

You got erverything but the tittle. As Lou got it, The Jerk

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on February 24, 2022, 10:43:01 AM
#3 is from "The Jerk' with Steve Martin
I'm going to take a guess at #1 and say "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

You are on your game Lou.

#2 should be an easy one for any of us 'seniors'

Don't want to give away too much as Jim should know this one in a minute, but if you follow many of my comments on all time favorite movies, this is from my #1.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on February 24, 2022, 11:51:09 AM
You are on your game Lou.

#2 should be an easy one for any of us 'seniors'

Don't want to give away too much as Jim should know this one in a minute, but if you follow many of my comments on all time favorite movies, this is from my #1.

Of course I know it Lenny!  But some of these "younger" guys should also know it because it's a classic.  So, I'm notanswering.