News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants sign a Qb

Started by Jclayton92, May 07, 2024, 06:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TONKA56

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 09, 2024, 12:23:10 PMAnd yet with a better OL than the Giants provided to DJ at the beginning of the season, he was sacked 37 times and had a higher sack rates per drop back than Jones.  That doesn't sound very special to me.

I guess I'm wrong then but he certainly looked more aware of the backside rushers, where pressure was coming from, and when to escape the pocket and take what he could.  Why do you say the line was better? Based on availability?

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TONKA56 on May 09, 2024, 03:21:58 PMI guess I'm wrong then but he certainly looked more aware of the backside rushers, where pressure was coming from, and when to escape the pocket and take what he could.  Why do you say the line was better? Based on availability?

Andrew Thomas.  Justin Pugh.  Playing together for a while compared to the pre-season merry-go-round Johnson did in the pre-season.

This is why I never trust anyone's eye test without some sort of statistical confirmation.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll