News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The BBH/Big Hitter's Corner Podcast w/UKGiantsfan: 2022 Draft Part 1 Offense

Started by bighitterdalama, April 17, 2022, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

Part 1, as Ceri and I look at the offensive prospects as relates to the Giants. Excellent work, as always, by Ceri. Players discussed, by position, in order:

Tackle: Evan Neal (Alabama), Ikem Ewonku (North Carolina State), Charles Cross (Mississippi State), Abraham Lucas (Washington State), Bernard Raimann (Central Michigan), Trevor Penning (Northern Illinois)

Interior Line: Zion Johnson (Boston College), Kenyon Green (Texas A & M), Cole Strange (Tennessee-Chattanoga), Luke Fortner (Kentucky), Dylan Parnham (Memphis), Luke Goedeke (Central Michigan), Jamaree Salyer (Georgia), Cam Jergens (Nebraska), Spenser Burford (Texas-San Antonio)

Wide Receiver: Jaylen Tolbert (South Alabama), Romeo Doubs (Nevada), Alec Pierce (Cincinnati), Calvin Austin III (Memphis), Bo Melton (Rutgers), Charleston Rambo (Miami Fla), Jahan Dotson (Penn State), Garrett Wilson (Ohio State)

Tight End: Trey McBride (Colorado State), Jelani Woods (Virginia), Jeremy Ruckert (Ohio State), Daniel Bellinger (San Diego State), Charlie Kolar (Iowa State), Jake Ferguson (Wisconsin), Austin Allen (Nebraska), Cole Turner (Nevada)

Running Back: James Cook (Georgia), Pierre Strong (S. Dakota State), Rachaad White (Arizona State), Brian Robinson Jr (Alabama), Dameon Pierce (Florida), Abram Smith (Baylor), Tyler Allgeier (BYU)

We'll have Part 2/Defensive Prospects out by next weekend. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/user-826565332/ceri-2022-nfl-draft-1-offense-session-mixdown-1

Blue Fire

Love the guys you hit on here because many have either been connected with the Giants or seem like they could be great fits for what they may want to do scheme wise.

Any additional thoughts on Christian Watson and/or George Pickens? I think these 2 may be severely underrated in terms of where they may be picked.

On the OTs also any thoughts on Tyler Smith as well. Some chatter he is going low round 1.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Bob In PA

Needless to say, a great job by both of you once again.  I really look forward to these and am never disappointed.  Thank you!!!  Bob   =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

I have listened to a lot of draft podcasts and this is the best of the bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Blue Fire on April 17, 2022, 08:38:39 AM
Love the guys you hit on here because many have either been connected with the Giants or seem like they could be great fits for what they may want to do scheme wise.

Any additional thoughts on Christian Watson and/or George Pickens? I think these 2 may be severely underrated in terms of where they may be picked.

On the OTs also any thoughts on Tyler Smith as well. Some chatter he is going low round 1.

Thanks!

With regard to the WR's, while I'd consider Wilson in R1 (after small trade down) and Dotson in R2 those are BPA types, not because I'd target a need at those positions that high. I'd expect to be taking someone at 36 I have in my top 25 fits for NYG at positions we need help (yep, pretty much everywhere!). To me there are far better players on the board at 36 than either Watson or Pickens who will make a more immediate impact. I think both will go in the top 50 but that's too high for my consideration. I also don't think there's a chance either lasts to 67.

As noted with Penning, a pet hate of mine is penalty prone guys on the OL. Absolute drive killers! Smith had 14 pens including 12 holds last year. He's not on my board either.

DaveBrown74

Great stuff, guys. Very informative. Nice to get some in depth color on some of these later round O line prospects, especially from a Giants' perspective.

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: bighitterdalama on April 17, 2022, 08:19:19 AM
Players discussed, by position
Interior Line: Zion Johnson (Boston College), Kenyon Green (Texas A & M), Cole Strange (Tennessee-Chattanoga), Luke Fortner (Kentucky), Dylan Parnham (Memphis), Luke Goedeke (Central Michigan), Jamaree Salyer (Georgia), Cam Jergens (Nebraska), Spenser Burford (Texas-San Antonio)

Running Back: James Cook (Georgia), Pierre Strong (S. Dakota State), Rachaad White (Arizona State), Brian Robinson Jr (Alabama), Dameon Pierce (Florida), Abram Smith (Baylor), Tyler Allgeier (BYU)

Now you've listed them Brian,  I realised I left a player out of the commentary that is on my draft board at each of these positions  ~X(

On the IOL, that's Sean Rhyan (UCLA) who was a 3 year starter at LT but who was aligned on the right several times a game in an unbalanced front on short yardage.  He's the size I like (320's) but has more of a G body, athleticism and arm length so likely moves inside. Had a good game against Thibodeaux and unlike Will Hernandez he can actually see a stunt coming (!). I think he's likely to go in the late 2nd/early 3rd so if we take him as a G, as with Raimann, he could offer an emergency T option.

The other one I missed was RB TJ Pledger (Utah). Very much a day three option, amongst the smaller role playing backs he caught my eye as he can run delayed draws - vital in a pass heavy offense - catch the ball (though not used much to do so) and, yes even pass block quite well. Athetically,  he doesn't stand out at all but little guys with a stiff arm always have my attention!

Ed Vette

Nice job and great material! Thanks for taking the time and effort for the Group.

Ceri, any thoughts on Roberson out of Wake Forest? They also have an Olineman coming out as I recall.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Blue Fire

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 17, 2022, 09:57:03 AM
Thanks!

With regard to the WR's, while I'd consider Wilson in R1 (after small trade down) and Dotson in R2 those are BPA types, not because I'd target a need at those positions that high. I'd expect to be taking someone at 36 I have in my top 25 fits for NYG at positions we need help (yep, pretty much everywhere!). To me there are far better players on the board at 36 than either Watson or Pickens who will make a more immediate impact. I think both will go in the top 50 but that's too high for my consideration. I also don't think there's a chance either lasts to 67.

As noted with Penning, a pet hate of mine is penalty prone guys on the OL. Absolute drive killers! Smith had 14 pens including 12 holds last year. He's not on my board either.

Got it. That many Penalties are definitely not a positive for eith Penning or Smith. Evsn Neal having so few makes him an even cleaner player in my eyes  . I think I like him over Ikey as well especially for a guy to start here day 1 without too many growing pains.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 17, 2022, 02:34:28 PM
Nice job and great material! Thanks for taking the time and effort for the Group.

Ceri, any thoughts on Roberson out of Wake Forest? They also have an Olineman coming out as I recall.

The OL is Zach Tom. Played LT last couple of years after spending 2019 at C. I need to go back and see what I can on on 2019 as what I saw at T this season v NC was very Shania Twain (that don't impress me much!). If he looks good at C I will add him to my day three list because I didn't see the anchor at T or for G.

Roberson I need to see more of. Might be a late add to my list so thanks for that. More interested in seeing where he lines up than his numbers. I know they're good.

Ed Vette

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 17, 2022, 05:18:47 PM
The OL is Zach Tom. Played LT last couple of years after spending 2019 at C. I need to go back and see what I can on on 2019 as what I saw at T this season v NC was very Shania Twain (that don't impress me much!). If he looks good at C I will add him to my day three list because I didn't see the anchor at T or for G.

Roberson I need to see more of. Might be a late add to my list so thanks for that. More interested in seeing where he lines up than his numbers. I know they're good.
Thank you, much appreciated.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

nb587

HELP.   Not much of a techie but I do  listen to podcasts on my iPhone using their app.  Not able to,find this podcast & really want to hear it.  What do I do?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: nb587 on April 17, 2022, 08:36:53 PM
HELP.   Not much of a techie but I do  listen to podcasts on my iPhone using their app.  Not able to,find this podcast & really want to hear it.  What do I do?

If you just click the link in the OP you can listen to it that way.

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin