News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Remaining candidates for Giants DC position

Started by shadowspinner0, February 01, 2024, 11:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowspinner0

DC info:

• Shane Bowen, Titan's DC - connected to Giants through GM executive advisor Ryan Cowden. Titan's kept him on as DC right up until announcing the Wilson hire, so there was no second interview. Started as OLB coach.
  • Jerome Henderson, Giants DB coach - has had that role with a few teams since 2008. Only noteworthy assistant coach to be kept on by Daboll from previous staff.
  • Anthony Campanile, Dolphins' LB coach - he's a true local guy. Grew up in NJ, went to Rutgers, coached at Don Bosco. Then went on to BC, Michigan, and finally Miami.
  • Brendan Daly, Chiefs' LB coach - his season is still going of course, so the Giants can still get a second interview if they want up until this Sunday but for the week leading up to the SB (and day after) no more meetings can be made, and no announcements until after the season is over. He's working under Spags now.

Are the other four who have interviewed.

Ejiro Evero - Panthers' DC who they blocked from other DC interviews (did have one HC interview), including the Giants, prior to HC being named but there are questions if they will allow them now.

Bob In PA

Thanks for doing this.  It really helps those of us who have limited time on here to keep track. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

killarich

Damn at this point I wouldn't mind Rivera .... Did he go anywhere ?

We really lost out on the big names and up and coming

Ed Vette

I want a proven experienced DC or former HC and someone who can develop his replacement.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 02, 2024, 08:32:48 AMDaboll to make a decision by the end of the week.
https://nypost.com/2024/02/01/sports/jerome-henderson-among-giants-top-options-for-defensive-coordinator/amp/

Ed: The foot-dragging seems to strongly favor Henderson (the "no hurry" candidate).

I assume we haven't offered the job to anyone who turned us down.

I think that's a fair assumption because this stuff almost always leaks to the media.

Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 02, 2024, 09:11:34 AMEd: The foot-dragging seems to strongly favor Henderson (the "no hurry" approach).

I think that's a fair assumption because this stuff almost always leaks to the media.

Bob

Bob,

Coaches (like players) don't like to burn bridges.  So it usually is years before we learn about a coach turning down another team's offer.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 02, 2024, 09:11:34 AMEd: The foot-dragging seems to strongly favor Henderson (the "no hurry" candidate).

Bob
I think so too. It's a strong possibility it's Henderson. But why wait to decide? Contract negotiations? That's not on Daboll.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

FL GMAN

I heard on talk radio that the Cowboys are considering Mike Zimmer for DC. IMHO he was a good coach who almost always got to the playoffs and had decent defenses.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 02, 2024, 09:51:08 AMdoes this qualify?

Rich: If the job was offered to him and he turned us down, then it does.  I must have missed it in the media. Bob

Jclayton92

I want Co DCs with Jerome Henderson covering the back and Patterson covering the front.

killarich

Are we done looking at other candidates then  if they have to make a choice by the end of the week ?

I think that's a mistake if that's the case .... Still other candidates out there that are better then the ones who are left from the interviews

I don't think Rivera is a great coach or a bad one ..... wanted a young and up and comer ....but the remaining crap is bleh .....  at least give him a call

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE