News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

There were two different words today too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Got it in three this morning - lucked out with my first word attempt. I think it would've been a hard word if not for the word I chose to start  :-??

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

Interesting I had never heard the word "canny" in my life and only "uncanny". Then today as I was reading an article on Quora, I read this about Cape Buffalo, an animal I've always been fascinated with and would never want to meet one in the wild.

Anyway, the story

"Cape Buffalo

They`re incredibly strong and massive in size weighing in at 300 to 850 kg. They tend to be more on their toes realizing that they might have to fight for their life at any given moment , from very long the African Buffalo has been regarded as one of the most dangerous animals. African Buffaloes are believed to kill about 200 people a year in Africa. They can be very canny animals if they get the impression that they are being followed. Many rangers have reported following buffalo tracts only to discover it has been waiting to ambush them. Rangers have discovered how easy it is to climb a thorn tree when push turns to shove. There are about 400,000 adults buffalo in Africa."

What a coincidence  :-??

I thought today's word was a farce!

Bill Brown

Today's word in 2. Sometimes lady luck is with me.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Jolly Blue Giant

Four for me. It all depends on that first word hitting the right letters and I started with 5 grays  :(

Ed Vette

I got it in two also because of the first word and there wasn
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bill Brown

Bill Brown

Got it in 2 again today. Talk about being on fire. 😂😂

Bill

T200

Quote from: ps11yat14 on May 14, 2022, 06:20:55 AM
Got it in 2 again today. Talk about being on fire.

Bill
Nice, Bill!

"The Force is strong with this one."

Got mine in 3 today.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Took me five today, but I was lazy about it this morning. Should have gotten it in four.

Ed Vette

Took me four because I guessed the first letter wrong and should have known better and looked at all options.

Nice work there Bill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Got today's in three, but the first word I used was favorable for this particular word, which is obviously lucky.

On a different but related subject, have you ever "forgotten" to do a wordle puzzle in a given day? That definitely happened to me a couple of weeks ago, which ended an active streak I had at 95 days in a row. That was frustrating, but obviously there are bigger problems in life. The funny thing is, I literally had it almost happen again today, and I only remembered to do it because my wife mentioned something about it. Seems to me that if I don't do it within 5-10 minutes after waking up (which is when I normally do it), I run the risk of forgetting about it completely, as it is not going to be top of mind once my day gets rolling. Kind of funny how that works.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 15, 2022, 10:01:12 AM
Got today's in three, but the first word I used was favorable for this particular word, which is obviously lucky.

On a different but related subject, have you ever "forgotten" to do a wordle puzzle in a given day? That definitely happened to me a couple of weeks ago, which ended an active streak I had at 95 days in a row. That was frustrating, but obviously there are bigger problems in life. The funny thing is, I literally had it almost happen again today, and I only remembered to do it because my wife mentioned something about it. Seems to me that if I don't do it within 5-10 minutes after waking up (which is when I normally do it), I run the risk of forgetting about it completely, as it is not going to be top of mind once my day gets rolling. Kind of funny how that works.

I "sticky" web pages across the top of my browser that I use every day (Firefox) so I see TD Ameritrade, BBH, Wordle, Daily Sudoku, news links, my banks, insurances and so forth so I pretty much open all of them accept my banking and insurance sites. It keeps Wordle open til I close it so I never forget. I have noticed later in the day that the site is still open and I would've forgot it if not on my stickied bar

Bill Brown

I got today's word in 4. I do it as part of my morning coffee routine.
Sorry you lost your streak DB. That was a heck of a run.

Bill

LennG

I'm back and a new streak has to start somewhere so today is the day.

I had 3 letters after my first three words and just wanted to put in a few unused letters and viola, got it so accidentally it scared me.

In 4.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss