News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT- OJ Simpson dead

Started by spiderblue43, April 11, 2024, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Juice dead of cancer at 76. No tears from me. Good riddance.  >:D

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

Shame on those that cheered his aquittal, as well. He was turned into a martyr along racial lines to stick it to the system. OJ never had any connection to those supporters.

It was a travesty of justice and he will be forever infamous.

T200

Quote from: spiderblue43 on April 11, 2024, 11:01:34 AMShame on those that cheered his aquittal, as well. He was turned into a martyr along racial lines to stick it to the system. OJ never had any connection to those supporters.

It was a travesty of justice and he will be forever infamous.
I was one who cheered his acquittal because of the sham legal system and the process. I knew he was guilty but the whole court case was ridiculous in how they ham-handed the investigation and the trial. Competent detectives and lawyers should have put together a solid case to convict him.

He's gone to meet his maker. The ultimate truth has long been known.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

He's up there now being judged saying, "Look, I laid it all out in my book!"
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

His extensive search for the real killers never found them. /sarcasm/

Karmic poetic justice that he spent time in prison for armed robbery.

And let's not forget that the role Robert Kardashian played in hiding the bloody clothes thrust him into the public eye and was foundational to the Kardashian's fame that we all have had to endure.  Not as egregious as the double murder, but still . . .

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

uconnjack8

What a crazy life he had.  One of the greatest RBs of all-time and then moved into acting.

I think everyone who was around for it remembers watching the white Bronco.

And it was all down hill after that. 

Philosophers

When he was with the 49ers at end of his career he walked off the field at old Giants Stadium.  My mom whistled over for him to come over to get his autograph for a young kid sitting with us at the game.  He never hesitated.  Spoke to the kid too.  He loved being a celebrity and interacting with fans.

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 11, 2024, 02:07:29 PMWhat a crazy life he had.  One of the greatest RBs of all-time and then moved into acting.

I think everyone who was around for it remembers watching the white Bronco.

And it was all down hill after that. 

I'll be disappointed if they don't take him to the Cemetery in a white Bronco.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on April 11, 2024, 02:20:04 PMWhen he was with the 49ers at end of his career he walked off the field at old Giants Stadium.  My mom whistled over for him to come over to get his autograph for a young kid sitting with us at the game.  He never hesitated.  Spoke to the kid too.  He loved being a celebrity and interacting with fans.

One thing that I have repeatedly marveled at is the complexity of people.  Too often, we see people putting them in boxes of good guys and bad guys.  Yet here is a man who murdered two people in cold blood but was more than willing to take time out of his busy life to do something nice for a fan.  It's hard to wrap one's head around the idea that people can be good and bad.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 11, 2024, 03:49:40 PMOne thing that I have repeatedly marveled at is the complexity of people.  Too often, we see people putting them in boxes of good guys and bad guys.  Yet here is a man who murdered two people in cold blood but was more than willing to take time out of his busy life to do something nice for a fan.  It's hard to wrap one's head around the idea that people can be good and bad.
We are all flawed, Rich.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

PSUBeirut

madbadger

Quote from: Philosophers on April 11, 2024, 02:20:04 PMWhen he was with the 49ers at end of his career he walked off the field at old Giants Stadium.  My mom whistled over for him to come over to get his autograph for a young kid sitting with us at the game.  He never hesitated.  Spoke to the kid too.  He loved being a celebrity and interacting with fans.

He also loved to violently abuse his wife. Nothing he did in his life prior to or after committing his double homicide did anything to balance out his evil actions. He got away with it and I can't hide the fact that I wish the comedic abuse he suffered in the naked gun movies wasn't real.

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 11, 2024, 03:49:40 PMOne thing that I have repeatedly marveled at is the complexity of people.  Too often, we see people putting them in boxes of good guys and bad guys.  Yet here is a man who murdered two people in cold blood but was more than willing to take time out of his busy life to do something nice for a fan.  It's hard to wrap one's head around the idea that people can be good and bad.
We have an angel and a devil on our shoulders. Meaning that we have choices and reactions. I won't get into mega universe theory but our brains are wired a certain way and we all react differently to fight or flight. What made him a great athlete gave him the ability and propensity to use his adrenaline in that situation with anger. In the grand scheme of things, we are all connected.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

A tragic figure has passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!