News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

When every team last had a 30+ TD passer

Started by MightyGiants, April 14, 2024, 10:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 14, 2024, 10:46:45 AM

The real travesty there are the Chargers, not since 2021.  With Herbert that should be easy.  Show how badly they failed with coaching staff, scheme and some failed WR draft picks.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on April 14, 2024, 10:52:47 AMThe real travesty there are the Chargers, not since 2021.  With Herbert that should be easy.  Show how badly they failed with coaching staff, scheme and some failed WR draft picks.

Haven't I heard that an elite QB raises those around him?  Haven't I heard that reasoned observations (such as yours) are just "excuse-making"? ;)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

You have.  I don't ascribe to theory that a sport with 22 starters plus couple other players boils down to one player.

Ed Vette

That tweet was deliberately misleading. Almost a third of the league had a QB with 29 plus TD's and over 3900 yards passing.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 14, 2024, 11:16:54 AMThat tweet was deliberately misleading. Almost a third of the league had a QB with 29 plus TD's and over 3900 yards passing.

Ed,

How exactly do you know this stat is "deliberately" misleading?  Do you know the employee on 33rd team that made the stat?  Can you explain why that employee was deliberately trying to mislead?   What exactly was the purpose of deception?
How is your choice better than theirs?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 14, 2024, 11:19:52 AMEd,

How exactly do you know this stat is "deliberately" misleading?  Do you know the employee on 33rd team that made the stat?  Can you explain why that employee was deliberately trying to mislead?   What exactly was the purpose of deception?

I don't know the motivation but when ten QB's have 29 or more TD's and the cut off is 30, it's a red flag to a narrative they are pushing. That narrative is that the league is either void of good QB talent or as you are pushing that they lack a supporting cast of talent around them. It sure got you to bite.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 14, 2024, 11:27:14 AMI don't know the motivation but when ten QB's have 29 or more TD's and the cut off is 30, it's a red flag to a narrative they are pushing. That narrative is that the league is either void of good QB talent or as you are pushing that they lack a supporting cast of talent around them. It sure got you to bite.

Objectively your number choice is no better supported. How are they pushing a narrative but you are not?  I am not seeing a fair justification for your strong deragotory accusation.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 14, 2024, 11:38:24 AMObjectively your number choice is no better supported. How are they pushing a narrative but you are not?  I am not seeing a fair justification for your strong deragotory accusation.
I'm not pushing a narrative Rich, I'm saying the entire purpose of their post was BS. If you don't like what I have to say about it, that's fine but don't attack my opinion. I have every right to have it without people like you jumping down my throat. Strong derogatory accusation indeed. I don't care that you posted it. I'm sure you're running out of things to talk about. 
~ Coach Tom Coughlin