News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Devito takes a stand

Started by killarich, Today at 05:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

He states if he was a third round pick it wouldn't even be a question if he was making this team or not

I for one think he should make the team .... Not only do I think he should make the team I think he should've been the main backup behind Jones and Lock should have never been signed .... But that's just me

He came in and won 3 straight games

I think letting him go could (not would) be a mistake

Jclayton92

People also forget he was benched the moment tyrod was back healthy.

That and Locks numbers over 2 games were significantly better than anyone we had last year.

Philosophers

I think he should shut his mouth.

Topshelf21

Quote from: Philosophers on Today at 05:35:51 PMI think he should shut his mouth.

Trying to maximise his 15 minutes...

DaveBrown74

DeVito has officially jumped the shark.

spiderblue43

MightyGiants

The Giants signed quarterback Drew Lock to a one-year deal that guarantees him $5 million this offseason. They also attempted to trade up in the draft to target who most believe was quarterback Drake Maye, according to multiple sources. They even recently claimed quarterback Nathan Rourke off waivers from the New England Patriots.

It has DeVito, 25, back at square one, even if he threw for eight touchdown passes and just three interceptions in nine games.

"Yeah, we're not having this conversation for sure [if I was a third-round pick]. But at the end of the day, like I said, control what you can control, keep the chip on my shoulder, keep working," DeVito said. "Everyone has always been overlooked, and it's kind of the same deal I was in last year. I know the offense now, and I've been in some situations before. Looking forward to doing it again."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40114750/new-york-giants-qb-tommy-devito-chip-shoulder

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

GloryDays

I like his confidence and I think with what he had around him and also being a rookie, he did an amazing job.

Doc16LT56

Virtually every 3rd round pick makes the team in year 2. The only point he is making, whether he understands it or not, is that he doesn't get a free ride.

GloryDays

To me, what he is saying is: If I had better exposure, better conference, I would have probably been drafted in the third round and then, when I performed as I did as a backup, I would have got more respect than I am getting now, just because I was undrafted.

uconnjack8

There is irony in the title of this thread given that once the season begins he will be taking a seat.

Jclayton92

Devito played in the ACC and the Big10 conference, if he was a better qb he would have been drafted. After the 2022 draft teams were trying to find their Brock Purdy considering 66 qbs started in 2023 its understandable. Given all that Devito still wasn't drafted while 14 qbs were. If he had undeniable talent, he would have been found. We signed a guy from west Florida University, if there's talent they are found.

FYI Illinois and Syracuse aren't small programs, he had an opportunity most don't get so I have no sympathy.