News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Art Stapleton is hearing the Vikings are preparing their trade up

Started by MightyGiants, April 19, 2024, 09:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/1781293806513471749

**Edit to add:

In reading the comments following this tweet, while it's clearly not a massive sample, I would say the poll posted in another thread showing the majority of Giants fans want to simply stay put at 6 and take an elite receiver is supported.

uconnjack8

Vikings sort of have to get a QB.  Can't let Cousins walk and have Sam Darnold and Nick Mullens as the only plan.  At least I think you can't.

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 20, 2024, 10:46:29 AMVikings sort of have to get a QB.  Can't let Cousins walk and have Sam Darnold and Nick Mullens as the only plan.  At least I think you can't.

I wonder how long Darnold would have lasted here if he became a NYG? He was one of the top two QB's drafted that year and his best seasons were his first two with the Jets. Mayfield may have resurrected his career but it doesn't appear Darnold will in the near future.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 20, 2024, 10:46:29 AMVikings sort of have to get a QB.  Can't let Cousins walk and have Sam Darnold and Nick Mullens as the only plan.  At least I think you can't.

They can get one at 11 (Penix, Nix) and then draft a good CB at 23.