News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

*from the #1 most accurate mock drafter the last 5 yrs

Started by MightyGiants, April 17, 2024, 12:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TONKA56

MightyGiants

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 17, 2024, 12:39:17 PMUgh.  :boooo:

Are you booing because the Giants drafted a WR or because of which WR they drafted?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

It could happen that way.  IMO the earliest likely team to bust his mock draft would be the Cardinals.

I think the Patriots will take a QB (don't know who ) and Vikings will trade up (with whom is a burning question... could be any of the Chargers, Patriots and Giants... in that order of likelihood).

I'm surprised to see Odunze ranked below Nabers, but it's actually a good guess that Odunze goes to the Bears.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 17, 2024, 12:39:17 PMUgh.  :boooo:
I'm guessing you wanted to see a QB (probably Maye) to the Giants.  Am I close?  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

katkavage

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 17, 2024, 12:43:05 PMIt could happen that way.  IMO the earliest likely team to bust his mock draft would be the Cardinals.

I think the Patriots will take a QB (don't know who ) and Vikings will trade up (with whom is a burning question... could be any of the Chargers, Patriots and Giants... in that order of likelihood).

I'm surprised to see Odunze ranked below Nabers, but it's actually a good guess that Odunze goes to the Bears.

Bob
Poor Nabers, he is probably silently praying that the Chargers don't trade back and come to their senses and pick him to pair with Herbert, as opposed to the Giants who don't really have a quality QB. The Chargers can then find a decent OT in the second round. There are many good ones.

TONKA56

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 17, 2024, 12:43:43 PMI'm guessing you wanted to see a QB (probably Maye) to the Giants.  Am I close?  Bob

I'm torn between Maye and JJ. I like Maye because he's bigger and more traditional but I think JJ has the greater football IQ, is more pro-ready, and has demonstrated better big game credentials. I lean JJ but all of these quarterbacks have big caution signs. 

With Nabers I fear a replay of the OBJ situation where a team starving for leadership is suddenly taken over by a talented diva wide receiver.

TONKA56

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 17, 2024, 12:42:55 PMAre you booing because the Giants drafted a WR or because of which WR they drafted?

Both. But I see this to be a very realistic prediction since experience has taught me that the players we debate the most contentiously leading up to the draft are almost always gone before we pick.

TONKA56

The biggest reason I want a quarterback is because I'm ready to move on from Jones and I'm more than ready to STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM.

Painter

Whether or not most accurate, it does seem quite reasonable, and consistent with the broad consensus

Cheers!

Gmo11

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 17, 2024, 12:56:43 PMI'm torn between Maye and JJ. I like Maye because he's bigger and more traditional but I think JJ has the greater football IQ, is more pro-ready, and has demonstrated better big game credentials. I lean JJ but all of these quarterbacks have big caution signs. 

With Nabers I fear a replay of the OBJ situation where a team starving for leadership is suddenly taken over by a talented diva wide receiver.

They should be so lucky as to get OBJ 2.0.

I don't make a mock draft myself but if I did that top 5 is pretty how I would draw it up.  I'm pretty sure the Vikings are going to move up ahead of the Giants to take JJ.  The only variable is do they move up to 4 or 5 to do it.  Wherever they don't end up is where Marvin Harrison goes.  Then the Giants get their pick of Rome or Nabers at 6 unless somebody more desperate for a WR than them decides to make them an offer they can't refuse to move up (Hello, Buffalo!)

TONKA56

Quote from: Gmo11 on April 17, 2024, 02:05:04 PMThey should be so lucky as to get OBJ 2.0.

With the drama,  I'll pass. But maybe we can still get Lil Wayne to make an appearance. 

uconnjack8

Are the personality things mentioned about Nabers real?  If so, I would rather see Odunze.  If those are just BS, then I am fine with either one. 

TONKA56

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 17, 2024, 02:17:05 PMAre the personality things mentioned about Nabers real?  If so, I would rather see Odunze.  If those are just BS, then I am fine with either one. 

Who knows these days?

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 17, 2024, 02:17:05 PMAre the personality things mentioned about Nabers real?  If so, I would rather see Odunze.  If those are just BS, then I am fine with either one. 

I have heard some things about Nabers from reliable sources.  I can't share what I heard, but knowing what I know, it's hard to say if the issues are enough to pass on a valuable player.  I would need the NFL and Giants background check, and I would need to speak to the man firsthand to really say if the concerns raised are enough to pass on him in the draft.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE