News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Day 3 Camp Report

Started by Ed Vette, July 28, 2023, 04:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 29, 2023, 07:37:53 AMAnyone get eyes on Eric Gray? I assume he's not practicing with the 1s at all.

There has been little running early in camp, and Gray has been down the depth chart.  I did notice he made one short reception yesterday, which by my reckoning was his first
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 29, 2023, 07:56:47 AMThere has been little running early in camp, and Gray has been down the depth chart.  I did notice he made one short reception yesterday, which by my reckoning was his first

Makes sense. Kind of hard to practice running in a meaningful way with no hitting allowed.

Trench

I'm curious whether or not Bellinger is feeding off Waller in terms of are we seeing marked improvement on Bellinger routes and pass catching (which was already pretty good)

Ed Vette

Quote from: Trench on July 29, 2023, 09:45:21 AMI'm curious whether or not Bellinger is feeding off Waller in terms of are we seeing marked improvement on Bellinger routes and pass catching (which was already pretty good)
Bellinger was good at finding the soft spot in zone coverage. Right now I've seen mostly Man Coverage. @MightyGiants do you agree there was not much zone?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 29, 2023, 10:07:29 AMBellinger was good at finding the soft spot in zone coverage. Right now I've seen mostly Man Coverage. @MightyGiants do you agree there was not much zone?

I would agree, it's mostly been M2M.  That said, Bellinger has been doing okay for himself.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Rich - BFW has all this speed and size.  Seems like folks are not seeing it.  Do you think he runs lazy or do you think his mind does not know what yet to do so that is holding him back or is it something else?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on July 29, 2023, 12:53:28 PMRich - BFW has all this speed and size.  Seems like folks are not seeing it.  Do you think he runs lazy or do you think his mind does not know what yet to do so that is holding him back or is it something else?

Joe,

I really don't know.  Some guys simply test better than they play and I fear BFW may be one of those players
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 29, 2023, 02:04:39 PMBryce Ford-Wheaton

Do we think he will be a significant player?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on July 29, 2023, 03:58:07 PMDo we think he will be a significant player?

Not based on what I have seen in camp so far.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

PSUBeirut

I've not seen anything at all written about Crowder- is he there?  Practicing?  Hurt?  Or maybe I've just not looked hard enough.  I've been interested to see how he'd look and if he was back to full health.

Dgoodmantrublu

He's on the Non football injury list. Working on the side.

Quote from: PSUBeirut on July 29, 2023, 06:09:38 PMI've not seen anything at all written about Crowder- is he there?  Practicing?  Hurt?  Or maybe I've just not looked hard enough.  I've been interested to see how he'd look and if he was back to full health.