News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT - NY Knicks - 2023-2024

Started by Philosophers, July 01, 2023, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

The whole game plan of the Sixers was to take Brunson out of the game...and they did. However, the bench came to the rescue and played like superstars. Still shaking my head over the rise of the Deuce. And Mitch played like a man possessed last night. Great win. Watching that game was hard on the nerves though  :ohno:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

Jolly Blue Giant

My heart is pounding. If I'm not here tomorrow, I probably stroked out. I still can't believe they pulled this game out. Down 4 or 5 with 28 seconds left and they score 8 points for a miracle finish. Still can't believe it!

Madison Square Garden is going insane - Devo the hero

Knicks 104 - Sixers 101 friggin WOW

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 22, 2024, 10:25:37 PMMy heart is pounding. If I'm not here tomorrow, I probably stroked out. I still can't believe they pulled this game out. Down 4 or 5 with 28 seconds left and they score 8 points for a miracle finish. Still can't believe it!

Madison Square Garden is going insane - Devo the hero

Knicks 104 - Sixers 101 friggin WOW

Absolutely insane. Just sheer bedlam at the Mecca. Unreal win.

Knicks found a way to overcome another unconscionably bad performance by Brunson. I don't know what his problem is but they're going nowhere if he doesn't figure this out quickly.

Enjoying this win tonight though. Absolutely tremendous stuff. This team has some magic going.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 22, 2024, 10:35:18 PMAbsolutely insane. Just sheer bedlam at the Mecca. Unreal win.

Knicks found a way to overcome another unconscionably bad performance by Brunson. I don't know what his problem is but they're going nowhere if he doesn't figure this out quickly.

Enjoying this win tonight though. Absolutely tremendous stuff. This team has some magic going.

You know maybe it is good they are finding others to pick it up when brunson is down.

Jolly Blue Giant

They drape Brunson and are extra physical with him. Their entire strategy has been to take Brunson out anyway, anyhow. It's amazing he made 24 points. And yeah, it's toughening up the rest of the team. They are true scrappers...and they're young and only going to get better in time. They go to battle when they get on the court. No team wants to play them because they know it's going to be war

Sem

I grew up a Knick fan, but lost interest in them, and the NBA in general, at some point after Ewing retired. It's nice to hear that they're doing well though. The Garden is so exciting when it's rocking.  =D>

Jolly Blue Giant

The building shook like there was an earthquake and the sound level so high, it was impossible to hear anyone talk. Ben Stiller, Carmelo Anthony, and a host of others screaming at the top of their lungs and high-fiving...it was bedlam

There are moments in sports history one never forgets (David Tyree's helmet catch, Kirk Gibson's HR to win the game hobbling around the bases when he could barely walk, the "pine tar" bat incident with George Brett, Bill Buckner's ground ball whiff, the 1980 Olympics when the US knocked off Russia, etc.), and last  night was one of them...down 5 with 27 seconds left in the game, then pump out 8 pts in seconds
 :jawdrop:  :dance:  :cheers:

https://twitter.com/nyknicks/status/1782602005867098395

DaveBrown74

What a win today!! Wow!

Just riveting stuff. The Knicks' dominated defensively and dominated on the boards yet again. They completely out-toughed the Sixers today. Amazing that they were able to dominate physically to that extent without both Mitch and Randle.

Brunson was ridiculous today. What a superstar this guy is. Fans often chant "MVP!" without putting enough unbiased thought into it, but I'd like to know what NBA player on a good team means more to his team than this guy.

Section 101 Steve

Great win for the Knicks as Brunson just torched whoever tried to cover him. Put a fork in Philly...their done
sm

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Section 101 Steve on April 28, 2024, 04:20:38 PMGreat win for the Knicks as Brunson just torched whoever tried to cover him. Put a fork in Philly...their done

Whoaaah.... careful with the jinxes!

spiderblue43

Don't touch the money!!! One more to go .but Knick fans were a big part of the win too. Players surely got a lift watching half the building MSG South!

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm lost for words...Knicks have so much heart  =D>  =D>  =D>  :dance:
Could this be the year there are actually two ticker tape parades on Broadway?  :what:

I think it's a possibility...wouldn't that be a hoot?  :worship:

Messiah717

Brutal loss which pretty much gave back the wild comeback win the Knicks had.  Just a terrible set of possessions to end regulation.