News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If youre going to trade slayton

Started by ralphpal1, April 26, 2024, 05:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphpal1

I think if youre going to trade slayton the Jets would be the perfect fit
Even if they go WR. Tonight
You put slayton on that team
Wilson
Rookie WR
Slatyon
That would be a very good WR core
Maybe the Jets are thinking that way also

Ed Vette

Although I think the Giants should keep Slay.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TONKA56

Why is everyone so obsessed with trading Slayton?

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 27, 2024, 09:00:53 AMAlthough I think the Giants should keep Slay.

Better the devil you know, sometimes.

I'd keep him too

DaveBrown74

I just don't view Slayton as a consequential subject either way, so I'm not sure why he's getting so much airtime this week.

He's not that impactful if they keep him, and he's not going to get you much in a trade if you move him. Either way I just don't get why he's such a subject right now. He is the quintessential definition of a JAG.

TONKA56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 27, 2024, 09:20:42 AMI just don't view Slayton as a consequential subject either way, so I'm not sure why he's getting so much airtime this week.

He's not that impactful if they keep him, and he's not going to get you much in a trade if you move him. Either way I just don't get why he's such a subject right now. He is the quintessential definition of a JAG.

I think he's a notch above a JAG but he works hard and really wants to be a Giant. I don't fault him for advocating for himself. That's just a function of the business. Folks have a beef with him because he's has some glaring drops. Other players for some reason get a pass on that.

Ed Vette

If I were him, I would do everything I could to get out of Dodge. If he was on a better team with a QB who could get the ball downfield he would easily be a 1000 yard receiver. Josh Allen would love him.

Now, he's just an insurance policy.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 27, 2024, 09:02:50 AMWhy is everyone so obsessed with trading Slayton?

Because he said he wants more money and skipped a voluntary workout.

I think his stretch the field ability makes him a decent piece of an offense.  Ita not an accident he's been among league leaders in yards/reception pretty much every year.

Regardless, I don't understand the infatuation with trading him.

TONKA56

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 27, 2024, 10:14:51 AMBecause he said he wants more money and skipped a voluntary workout.

I get that, but we've had players do that it the past many times and forumites rush to thier defense in reminding us that it's a "voluntary" workout.

Rosehill Jimmy

The scouting reports on DS coming out of Auburn raised concerns about his hands.  There was a reason why a guy with his speed lasted to the 5th rd.

I like him, seems like a decent guy, works hard, etc. But I wouldn't make him out to be more than what we've seen so far over the last 5 years. One of the many "okay " WRs who carve out careers as a #4 or #5   JMO
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

MightyGiants

Schoen pointed out the Giants already paid a $2 million plus roster bonus to Slayton, so a trade is unlikely
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

I like Slayton and hope he stays ...but if he truly wants out I hope we get SOMETHING for him ....

But those SLayton is just OKAY I agree to an extent... SLayton has always been a #3 ...#2 at best

Thing is whether he has played #2 or forced to be #1 he has still been decent.... a #2 or #3 can only really be truly a successful when he actually has a #1 on the other side ...we have never had that  since OBJ ... When Slayton is the WR who gets the most attention then you obviously have a problem

Hopefully NAbers is the real deal.... and you will see Slayton get his open opportunities....

All that being said I hope the story ends with Hyatt being the #2 and Wandale the Slot

Ed Vette

He has a higher Y/R and a Lower Y/T than Deebo and a higher Y/R and the same Y/T than Metcalf. His differential between Y/T and Y/R is 6.5 compared to AJ Brown at 5.9. If he's a JAG, it's because the Giants Offense dragged him down. He was the 25th-ranked Receiver out of Auburn for the Receiver Draft Class of 2019 according to CBS.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-ranking-all-34-wide-receivers-to-know-from-a-j-brown-to-ashton-dulin/
SI ranked him 15th.

Not a bad investment for a 5th rounder.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin