News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The BBH/Big Hitter's Corner Podcast w/Ceri Dovey: 2023 NFL Draft Offense

Started by bighitterdalama, April 13, 2023, 11:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

Hi All. Brian here. The NFL Draft is just two weeks from today. In this podcast, Ceri and I discuss the offensive draft prospects and their potential fit with the Giants. We will look at the defensive prospects early next week. The total run time of today's podcast is 26:34. Hope you find it fun and informative.

https://soundcloud.com/user-826565332/2023-draft-ceri-offense-session-mixdown-2

Painter

Well done as always, Brian. And as I have made clear more than once, when reflecting on the upcoming Draft, there is no one whose insight I value more than that of Ceri Dovi. What is particularly evident this year is how much less certain he is, as are we all, in imagining who, and at what positions, the Giants will give priority in their first 3 or 4 selections.

Of course, that's not surprising when we consider that 25 will be their latest position from which to pick and only the 3rd of 8 to not have been among the first 12 (see OBJ in '14) during the past decade.

Not at all surprising is that among the now countless WAGs, the only Pick 25 consensus, if we can call it that, is for a WR- 3 names/ 3 different types and a nascent interest in an OC. Que sera, I hope they do everything possible in the first 2 Days to give DJ his best up-front chance for success.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

Ceri's case for edge rushers had me rethinking the priority of this need
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Brian: It occurred to me that I look forward to your (and Ceri's) efforts each year more than the actual draft.

You may not believe that, but think about it... the draft "show" is endless blather and commercials interspersed with a few minutes of actual "action/content."

Your presentation is all meat.

Bob

PS. Originally, my final sentence was "Your ham sandwich is all ham" but that version would have defeated its intended complimentary purpose...  LOL   =))  =))  =))
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 15, 2023, 08:21:58 AMCeri's case for edge rushers had me rethinking the priority of this need

You might be surprised about who's on my target list and who isn't! I recorded part II of the podcast on defense on Sunday morning with Brian and he is putting it up shortly

UKGiantsFan

[quote
Quote from: Bob In PA on May 01, 1975, 02:03:34 AMquote author=Bob In PA link=msg=885838 date=1681562148]

Your presentation is all meat.

Bob

PS. Originally, my final sentence was "Your ham sandwich is all ham" but that version would have defeated its intended complimentary purpose...  LOL   =))  =))  =))

Erm... Thanks??? Just as long as the meat you were thinking of isn't Spam! =))