News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim143

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on July 23, 2020, 09:03:54 AM
Lenn explained it, but I'll try to explain it a little differently. Like Lenn, I prefer to use "Postimages.org". There are other free file sharing sites, but in my experience, Postimages.org is the easiest.

Go to https://postimages.org/

Step 1: click "Choose Images" (this will take you to your personal files on your PC)
Step 2: locate the picture you want to show and click "enter"
Step 3: There will be a row of options to click, pick "Hotlink for Forums" (7th option down) and click the little blue icon on the right of the row
Step 4: on the BBH thread you want to post the picture, just click "paste"

note: sometimes the postimages website adds a little advertisement to the end of the picture (about 1 out of 10 times). So before sending your response, check out the link that is pasted. So if the link to the picture has additional information after the first [img][/url] in the link, such as First Finance Insurance[/url], just delete that part. So always "preview" before posting.

Really easy once you get used to it.

DOH!   "Reading is Fundamental". . . . .I didnt see Lenn's post with instructions. . .sorry
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

Sem

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on July 23, 2020, 09:03:54 AM
note: sometimes the postimages website adds a little advertisement to the end of the picture (about 1 out of 10 times). So before sending your response, check out the link that is pasted. So if the link to the picture has additional information after the first [img][/url] in the link, such as First Finance Insurance[/url], just delete that part. So always "preview" before posting.

Really easy once you get used to it.

For what it's worth, I've used postimage for years. Uploaded literally thousands of pictures to various forums. I've always used the "direct link" option and not once have I ever had an advertisement added. The one thing I will say is over time they must purge images, and the image you posted on a forum will eventually disappear. But it's free so I can't complain.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jim143

Mr. Bumbles waiting for Santa.

The late great Moses and his buddy Mr. Bumbles

These two were named after characters in the shows I watched the day we rescued them.  Moses was rescued on Holy Saturday and we watched the Ten Commandments and Mr. Bumbles was rescued in December and we watched Rudolf that night.
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

Jim143

Ginger and Odin.  Ginger is able to pick up SirusXM without a subscription with those Ears. . . .

big bang theory wallpaper

Jolly Blue Giant

I should have added to the instructions: Check the size of the picture you want to post. You should "resize" the picture you wish to post to a size that fits on the screen on BBH otherwise one will have to use the slide bar to see the whole picture.

In my "Picture Folders" on my PC, I have a sub-directory called "resized pictures" that I use for posting on a thread. That way, I still have the original in it's huge size, but also a smaller version that is easy to see on one page of a thread.
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jim143

A bird from the Brevard Zoo

Jim143

Here is a boat that was down visiting for ShrimpFest.  This pier is right next to the dock where the shrimp boats unload their catch.  Sadly, this pier was destroyed 3 years ago in Hurricane Micheal and they finally finished rebuilding it this year.  You cant see it, but there is an identical white boat behind this one.

I get seasick on small boats, but I told Heidi that I want this for me birthday. . . or, it she needs time to get the cash together, I'll take it as a retirement gift  :)

Jim143

We both love the mountains and waterfalls.  Last year, for our 30th, we went back to where we used to live when we first got married. . . the mountains of western North Carolina.

Here is our Summer Home ==)

xcom 2 wallpaper

One of the many Waterfalls we hiked to that week

and yet another

Ed Vette

My Property. Iphone

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jim143

The late great Sophie.

I love this picture so much that I had a Tervis Tumbler made from it.

Ginger and Kracken

We rescued Kracken as a kitten about the same time we rescued Ginger.  They grew up together and Kracken loves Ginger.  They are always together.

LennG

Guys

All the pix are fantastic. Keep them coming
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

For my next act  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We were up in Vermont last summer (we are always in Vermont and the next few pics are just scenes I captured from that area

Hope you enjoy and tell me what you think
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

We went up to Vermont a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. It was late June and the weather was perfect. It had been so long since I was able to breathe real fresh air! Simply amazing!

Len, how do you get such close-up shots of the butterflies without scaring them away? Telescopic zoom?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Quote from: T200 on July 23, 2020, 12:18:11 PM
We went up to Vermont a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. It was late June and the weather was perfect. It had been so long since I was able to breathe real fresh air! Simply amazing!

Len, how do you get such close-up shots of the butterflies without scaring them away? Telescopic zoom?

Tim

I do have several zooms, up to 300Mm, but on these, I just chase those darn butterflies around with just my regular 50mm lens  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's sounds funny, but we went to this field of wild flowers, probably more late August, and there were literally thousands of butterflies all over the place. So, here I go, and start tip toeing into them and try and get close enough to snap a good pix. I can't tell you how many times I follow one,s ee it land and as soon as I get my camera to focus, off they go, (GRRRRRR) but persistence pays off. With my regular lens I probably can shoot up to about 6 inches (maybe closer) away with a clear shot. I keep the camera on auto, so it focuses by itself and I ALWAYS use the eye lens, so bringing it up to my eye, and then letting it focus and hopefully the butterfly likes that particular flower. To be honest Tim, I must have about 100 pix similar to this, (and not jsut from here00I love buttefly shots and whenever I see some, I try and chase them) different angles, with the butterflies wings wide apart, upside down, but I like these the best, where you can see their legs, antenna and almost their eyes. AND, as I said previously, what is doing outside helps also. Sometimes a cloudy day helps certain pix, but with pic like these, a bright sun and a nice blue sky are the best.
In the pix by the lake, where you can see the reflection of the sky and clouds in the water. I LOVE those type of pix and you will see, I have a lot of them. The conditions have to be perfect, like no breeze or you will have ripples on the lake. Wait until you see some of my foliage pics and you will see what I mean.

Charlie Weiss