News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

IRS refund

Started by LennG, July 27, 2021, 01:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

We were fortunate enough to get a refund for last year's taxes. More just a sort of minor amount. The problem is we haven't received this refund as of yet. I get my refunds thru direct deposit and filed right at the deadline. I went to the IRS website looking into it. I entered the info they asked for and it came up--  'still processing'.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on July 27, 2021, 01:49:20 PM
We were fortunate enough to get a refund for last year's taxes. More just a sort of minor amount. The problem is we haven't received this refund as of yet. I get my refunds thru direct deposit and filed right at the deadline. I went to the IRS website looking into it. I entered the info they asked for and it came up--  'still processing'.

"Sorry for the delay. We just need to print more money. There's a shortage of paper and we ran out of the good stuff."
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

I'll try this again, without the sarcasm (which I thought was funny).

Anyone about this?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on August 01, 2021, 03:31:30 PM
I'll try this again, without the sarcasm (which I thought was funny).

Anyone about this?
Lenn: I'd like to help, but that did not happen to me.  Yes, Ed's post was funny (but probably not to you, specifically). 

Try calling IRS' local office if you have the phone number, or maybe the local office of your Representative in Congress.  Don't bother calling either of your Senators.. they'll probably just blow you off.

But your Rep's staff might have a phone number to suggest for problems of this nature, especially if (as is highly likely) some of their other constituents have experienced the same problem.  That's all I've got.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Blue4Life

Quote from: LennG on July 27, 2021, 01:49:20 PM

Lenny, this probably not going to help you, but you are not alone. You are one of the 35M people, who are still waiting for their refund. I am sorry...

The article below may provide some help, or just some sympathy; quote from this article:

QuoteWhen it comes to why your refund may be delayed, the IRS states it may be delayed because it has a mistake including errors concerning the Recovery Rebate Credit, is missing information, or there is suspected identity theft or fraud.

I am not saying yours is one of them, the quote sounds more like an IRS CYA....

I do hope you'll get it soon...

LennG

Thanks guys, that is more of what I was looking for. I just wanted to know if mine was a singular type of problem or many were experiencing the same thing.

Charlie Weiss