News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

With the 47th pick the Giants select….

Started by madbadger, April 25, 2024, 10:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbadger

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 26, 2024, 10:52:47 AMIt's going to be interesting because Schoen is not afraid to move around the chess board. If there's a player he really wants, he'll trade up and if he sees that there isn't great value, he's liable to trade down and add some draft stock

I believe there are a few players left on the board that Schoen craves, and he's a good enough poker player to get what he wants. For me, I'd trade up to get OG Jackson Powers-Johnson who I believe is a better guard than Graham Barton who went in the first. JPJ manhandled the best pass rushers that the Senior Bowl could throw at him. He DOMINATED them over and over. I'm still a little shocked he's still on the board

If the Giants stand pat again, I'd be happy with the best CB (Max Melton, Cooper DeJean [although he's more of a nickel back], Mike Sanistrail??), or a DT, someone like Kris Jenkins, or Braden Fiske

And I'd do my happy dance if they drafted LB Payton Wilson, who I think is the most exciting defensive player in the entire draft

Wilson is a fun player to watch but he's torn his ACL twice and because of that I wouldn't use a pick on him before the 5th round. The last thing we need as fans is a player who oozes potential but is always hurt.

GloryDays

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 25, 2024, 10:59:10 PMDT Darius Robinson, LB Payton Wilson, DT Braden Fiske, DT Kris Jenkins, CB Max Melton, S Cole Bishop, and (fat chance OG Jacson Powers-Johnson or OT/C/OG Graham Barton)

Robinson was one of my favorites, but was taken by AZ #27

GloryDays

Tonight I would love it if we took TE Ben Sinnott in the second and OT Roger Rosengarten in the third.
Tomorrow with only 2 picks, if we can get RB Shipley in the 4th and S Kit. Oladapo in the 6th I would be thrilled.

bamagiantfan

Quote from: GloryDays on April 26, 2024, 12:17:41 PMTonight I would love it if we took TE Ben Sinnott in the second and OT Roger Rosengarten in the third.
Tomorrow with only 2 picks, if we can get RB Shipley in the 4th and S Kit. Oladapo in the 6th I would be thrilled.

Unless something has changed, the Giants have a 5th (Pick 166) also.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

GloryDays

Quote from: bamagiantfan on April 26, 2024, 12:39:18 PMUnless something has changed, the Giants have a 5th (Pick 166) also.

You are right Bama, #166.. I thought we gave that in the trade for Burns!
That is great... may be we can add a DT or CB with that pick

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: madbadger on April 26, 2024, 10:59:25 AMWilson is a fun player to watch but he's torn his ACL twice and because of that I wouldn't use a pick on him before the 5th round. The last thing we need as fans is a player who oozes potential but is always hurt.

He'll never last to the 5th. His injury history is not recent, but back in his HS and early college career. He's healthy now, but of course there's a risk. He's dynamic! Micah Parsons dynamic. Paired with Okereke would make a devastating backside to the DL. His speed, instant acceleration, ridiculous athleticism, uncanny nose for the ball, and vicious tackling are elite. If not for his injuries a few years ago, he'd be in the top 15 in the draft. Even with the injuries, he's been ranked as high as 17th on some boards. He's a once-in-a-lifetime LB. Is he worth the risk? I believe so

I've seen him go from the right sideline, all the way to the left sideline to tackle a RB (see attached clip). I've seen him chase down X-receivers on breakaways. And his ability to laser-focus to the ball is uncanny. He is going to be a legend in the NFL

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

madbadger

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 26, 2024, 01:00:47 PMHe'll never last to the 5th. His injury history is not recent, but back in his HS and early college career. He's healthy now, but of course there's a risk. He's dynamic! Micah Parsons dynamic. Paired with Okereke would make a devastating backside to the DL. His speed, instant acceleration, ridiculous athleticism, uncanny nose for the ball, and vicious tackling are elite. If not for his injuries a few years ago, he'd be in the top 15 in the draft. Even with the injuries, he's been ranked as high as 17th on some boards. He's a once-in-a-lifetime LB. Is he worth the risk? I believe so

I've seen him go from the right sideline, all the way to the left sideline to tackle a RB (see attached clip). I've seen him chase down X-receivers on breakaways. And his ability to laser-focus to the ball is uncanny. He is going to be a legend in the NFL

I didn't say he'd last till the fifth. I said I wouldn't pick him till the fifth. A big difference, no?

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: madbadger on April 26, 2024, 01:05:04 PMI didn't say he'd last till the fifth. I said I wouldn't pick him till the fifth. A big difference, no?

I've watched a lot of film on him and visited other boards. Two teams have been aggressively discussing why he's the perfect fit for their team (Cowboys and Eagles). Cowboy fans want to pair him with Parsons, and Eagles biggest needs are all in the defensive backfield and need a LB who can get to the QB after losing Reddick

Personally, I don't want my team facing him twice a year and watching him terrorize us

Bob In PA

Probably a corner back, especially if Cooper DeJean or K-A McKinstry are still available.

If not, Mike Sainristil (not a typo lol) from Michigan will do, but I'd rather have one of the other two.

If no corners they like are still available, then probably an OL (like Ceri says... either Patrick Paul or Cooper Beebe).  I'd prefer Beebe, a true guard IMO.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

madbadger

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 26, 2024, 01:11:17 PMI've watched a lot of film on him and visited other boards. Two teams have been aggressively discussing why he's the perfect fit for their team (Cowboys and Eagles). Cowboy fans want to pair him with Parsons, and Eagles biggest needs are all in the defensive backfield and need a LB who can get to the QB after losing Reddick

Personally, I don't want my team facing him twice a year and watching him terrorize us

We seem to lead the league in games missed by starters due to injury. Drafting a player who has suffered two significant knee injuries is a pretty good of making sure we remain at the top of that list regardless of when the injuries occurred. IMHO he isn't worth the risk. You think he is. We'll see how he works out for whoever drafts him.

Jclayton92

The only throw the remote pick for me would be IOL.

MightyGiants

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton
Someone asked for this earlier. Here are some of the #NYGiants "30" visits still on the board entering Day 2

DL Johnny Newton
OL Cooper Beebe
CB Max Melton
CB Andru Phillips
CB Kool-Aid McKinstry
S Jaden Hicks
QB Spencer Rattler
RB Trey Benson
RB Audric Estime
TE Ben Sinnott
TE Theo Johnson
1:39 PM · Apr 26, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Nick Falato
@nickfalato
Here are some players that may interest the #Giants tonight on day two:

Top-30 visits (stolen from
@art_stapleton
)
DL Johnny Newton
OL Cooper Beebe
CB Max Melton
CB Andru Phillips
CB Kool-Aid McKinstry
S Jaden Hicks
QB Spencer Rattler
RB Trey Benson
RB Audric Estime
TE Ben Sinnott
TE Theo Johnson
IDL Maason Smith

Others that the Giants could target at some point tonight include:

OL Roger Rosengarten
OL Jackson Powers-Johnson
OL Zak Zinter
DL Braden Fiske
DL Kris Jenkins
DL Ruke Orhorhoro
EDGE Adisa Isaac
CB T.J. Tampa
CB Mike Sainristil
CB Cam Hart
CB Kamari Lassiter
CB Ennis Rakestraw Jr.
SAF Cole Bishop
SAF Tyler Nubin
SAF Javon Bullard
2:56 PM · Apr 26, 2024
·
 Views

https://x.com/nickfalato/status/1783933169579729058
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Today we're on the clock at

Rd 2: 15th pick
Rd 3: 6th pick

Had we not traded for Burns (a brilliant move BTW), we would have been picking 7th in the second round as teams with identical records rotate. Having the 15th pick tonight is better than getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick, but it's not ideal. A lot of studs will be picked like vultures taking meat from a kill. Hopefully, there's at least 16 studs

H-Town G-Fan

Given the investment this offseason into the OL, I don't see them going that way with a high pick. I think they'll stick to value (i.e. BPA at position of need).