News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF gives the Giants a B+ for their off season

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 10:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

NEW YORK GIANTS: B+

New York's best move this offseason was trading for Brian Burns, forming a legit defensive line trio with Kayvon Thibodeaux and Dexter Lawrence.

They lost Xavier McKinney and Saquon Barkley but reunited head coach Brian Daboll with running back Devin Singletary to quell the sting of Barkley's departure. They also added a handful of offensive linemen in a much-needed overhaul.

I was a big fan of the Giants draft, as Malik Nabers, Tyler Nubin and Andru Phillips are impact players. They weren't able to change their quarterback situation, but that wasn't totally in their control.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-offseason-grades-for-all-32-nfl-teams#NYG
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I can't disagree with the B+ grade. I was a big fan of the Burns move (getting a 25 yr old of that caliber without giving up a first rounder when Carolina was previously offered two first rounders was great, I thought), and I did not really have an issue with any of their picks. I also liked that they didn't capitulate and pay up for Barkley, and I was fine with not bringing back Adoree or McKinney. Once they decided to make the move for Burns, they didn't really have the money for any of these players, and I would much rather have Burns than not. Obviously they could have spread Jones' exorbitant 2024 cap hit out over future years by committing to him for more than just this season, but they clearly did not want to do that, and I think that was absolutely the correct stance to take (which doesn't automatically mean he won't be here in 2025). So I'm good with this grade.

Bob In PA

Accurate assessment and grade, with the only "note" being that it's clear even from this synopsis that they don't think much of Jones, notwithstanding their prediction of a bounce-back season (shown in another thread). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!