News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

You guys are good--very good.   =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I thought Training Day would be a hard one, but NO,  you guys are right on it.

No one got #2, so I'll give you a big time hint, think Pixar

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

"And just where are you Giants from, hmmm?"
"We're from New York and uh..."
"All Hail The New York Giants"
"NEW YORK GIANTS!!!"
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

philo43

Quote from: LennG on September 08, 2020, 06:09:20 PM
No one got #2, so I'll give you a big time hint, think Pixar

I have never seen a Pixar movie

LennG

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2020, 07:57:56 PM
"And just where are you Giants from, hmmm?"
"We're from New York and uh..."
"All Hail The New York Giants"
"NEW YORK GIANTS!!!"

GREAT quote Tim and from a great  movie, but not the right one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki-w4KYpnuw&ab_channel=champchump06

Think robots
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on September 08, 2020, 09:12:25 PM
GREAT quote Tim and from a great  movie, but not the right one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki-w4KYpnuw&ab_channel=champchump06

Think robots
It's vaguely familiar but I'm drawing a blank. Only thing I can think of is Wall-E.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

philo43

I will be surprised if Lenn and / or Jim don't get this right away

"Either I'm dead right, or I'm crazy!"

jimv

"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

The answer to that quote was by another Senator:  "You wouldn't want to put that to a vote, would you Senator?"

philo43

Quote from: jimv on September 09, 2020, 10:24:33 AM
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

I knew you would get it, watched it this morning at 1AM

LennG

Quote from: T200 on September 08, 2020, 11:23:10 PM
It's vaguely familiar but I'm drawing a blank. Only thing I can think of is Wall-E.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding

WALL-E it is. One of my all time favorite animated movies. I loved it even before my grandkids 'made' me watch it, but I fooled them, I knew what happens all along. Now we watch it together all the time.
Yeah for WALL-E.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

A few more and NO softballs now

"So there's this guy Walsh, do you understand? He's tired of screwin' his wife... So his friend says to him, "Hey, why don't you do it like the Chinese do?" So he says, "How do the Chinese do it?" And the guy says, "Well, the Chinese, first they screw a little bit, then they stop, then they go and read a little Confucius, come back, screw a little bit more, then they stop again, go and they screw a little bit... then they go back and they screw a little bit more and then they go out and they contemplate the moon or something like that. Makes it more exciting." So now, the guy goes home and he starts screwin' his own wife, see. So he screws her for a little bit and then he stops, and he goes out of the room and reads Life Magazine. Then he goes back in, he starts screwin' again. He says, "Excuse me for a minute, honey." He goes out and he smokes a cigarette. Now his wife is gettin' sore as hell. He comes back in the room, he starts screwin' again. He gets up to start to leave again to go look at the moon. She looks at him and says, "Hey, what's the matter with ya? You're screwin' just like a Chinaman!"

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Hi, man.

What are you doing?

I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know.

: What's happening?

Well, the tank's broke and they're trying to fix it.

Well, then, why the hell aren't you up there helping them?

: [chuckles] I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work.

Christ!

Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I had another idea. I think we should have some plays. You know, usually in football you have some organized plays...

If you don't mind, I took the liberty.

Oh, you have...

I drew up about seven or eight plays. I figure that's about all this bunch can handle.

Oh, these are good. These are very good. Uh, what are these little arrows?

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

As the good book says, when a poor man eats a chicken, one of them is sick.

Where does the book say that?

Well, it doesn't say that exactly, but somewhere there is something about a chicken.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Do know what's gonna be here? Right here? A lake. As far as the eyes can see. Hundreds of feet deep. HUNDREDS of feet deep. Did you ever look out over a lake and think of somethin' buried underneath it? Buried underneath it. Well man, that's just about as buried as you can get."

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"There isn't a day in my life when I haven't felt like a fraud. I mean priests, doctors, I've talked to them all. I don't know anyone who hasn't felt that."

Charlie Weiss

jimv

LennG

I really thought you would get at least 3. I understand you might not have seen one or two of the movies, but a few, on reading them, are almost easy/

Let's see what some of the other 'experts' do.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

I just looked at them again.  I don't know how I missed it, but # 3 is a REAL softball!!  "Fiddler on the Roof."

philo43

Quote from: jimv on September 09, 2020, 06:42:15 PM
I just looked at them again.  I don't know how I missed it, but # 3 is a REAL softball!!  "Fiddler on the Roof."

You mean #4?

1) Chinatown
2) Kelly's Heros
3) Spearchucker Jones - Mash

the rest ???????

LennG

Quote from: philo43 on September 10, 2020, 06:06:15 AM
You mean #4?

1) Chinatown
2) Kelly's Heros
3) Spearchucker Jones - Mash

the rest ???????

Great job Philo. If you've never seen Kelly's Heros you would never know the quote, but if you have and liked it, as I do, Oddball stole the movie. One of my favorite all time characters.

Let me try to give you a couple of hints for the last two, both very popular movies.

All movies were from the 1970s

#5, think outdoors and banjos  (that should give it away right away)

#6--Its hard to give a clue without giving the darn thing away.  Priests is the main word--Gosh how else to give a clue?
Try and see it from what you have, 1970s and Priests.

I know you will get it.

Charlie Weiss