News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Quote from: LennG on October 12, 2020, 07:22:30 PM
Many of the last few movie have come from what some of us see as 'newer' movies

So why don't you try some 'older' movie quotes. If you are a fan of movies, makes no difference when a movie was made, you need to enjoy them all

---------------------------------------------------------

jimv

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 12, 2020, 07:52:40 PM
None of them ring any bells with me Lenn. Probably the only two old movies I've ever seen that I remember are "Wizard of Oz" and "Roman Holiday". I've seen "Breakfast at Tiffany's", but can't remember anything about it. I've also seen "African Queen" and "The Bridge Over the River Kwai" only because my parents own the movie and have watched them several times with me in the background. The only line I remember from the African Queen was, "are we going to shoot the rapids" and the only part of the Bridge Over River Kwai was whistling while they marched. Hell, I've never seen "Gone With the Wind" or "Wuthering Heights" and other movies that I've heard about or read about. Also, my girlfriend is literally half my age. She gets upset when I play a movie that was made before she was born (which was 1984) although I did get her to watch "The Graduate" because she wanted to watch a movie with Jennifer Aniston which was a sequel to the Graduate and I convinced her it would be a lot easier to understand if she watched The Graduate first. She did so begrudgingly. She likes sappy romance movies and teenagers like in American Pie type movies. I like thought provoking movies as well as some serious violence and I do like good comedy (which is rare in movie form). Compromising is a bitch!  ~X(...

And the two new ones I was hoping Jimv would take on are a little obscure unless you were a fan of Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Paul Newman, etc. Those actors are about as old as I remember...well, I remember Jimmy Stewert because of Christmas movies  :(

Oh jolly, what movies you've missed!!! :( :( :(  If nothing else, go & get some of the Classics from 1939!  Let your girlfriend find out what REAL movies are like!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: philo43 on October 12, 2020, 08:46:08 PM
I answered this one 2 days ago, before you gave the clue

Sorry Philo, I must have missed that. I figured someone would jump all over that one, but somehow I missed that it was answered. "Dave" was a great movie that I've watched several times. Being political season right now, it would be a good time to watch it again since it's such a feel-good movie that shows it's actually possible for a politician to be a really good person.

=============================================================================

Since no one will probably get the few leftover that I posted, I will give them up:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you want justice, go to a whorehouse. If you want to get fvcked, go to court" [Richard Gere / Edward Norton]

(clue: one of the best legal dramas ever...and scary as hell)

Answer:  Primal Fear Edward Norton is superb and the ending will blow you away...or at least it did his own lawyer (Richard Gere)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glWAjoDVH3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2g4Wr81rz8
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Reese Witherspoon]: "You fvcker! You killed my grandma!"
[Kiefer Sutherland]: "That's not all I did to grandma"

Answer: Freeway one of Reese Witherspoon's early movies. A modern day remake of Little Red Riding Hood. She plays the part of a "trailer trash" young slut who decides to go to gramma's house (in another trailer park) to get away from her mother's "grabby" live-in boyfriend so she hitchhikes to gramma's house until her car falls apart along side the road. She gets picked up by a serial killer (Kiefer Sutherland - the "wolf") who has been killing girls who happen to be hitchhiking. She is a foul mouthed, street smart, feisty little girl who gets the best of him...although, he does kill her gramma first. Pretty obscure movie, but a lot of fun to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eom5Ows-56U

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I warn you, I know Karate!"
"I warn you, I know Winchester" 

Same movie: "I got a call from the rest home today. She said you were being a disruptive influence during lunch. That you refused to eat your spinach souffl
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

jimv

Quote from: LennG on October 12, 2020, 07:22:30 PM
Many of the last few movie have come from what some of us see as 'newer' movies

So why don't you try some 'older' movie quotes. If you are a fan of movies, makes no difference when a movie was made, you need to enjoy them all

---------------------------------------------------------

jimv

"Whaddaya think I am ?  Dumb or something?"

"If God had a mind to be a fish, He'd be a whale,  Believe it, He'd be a whale!"

"Ill give you something to dream about, Mister!  Wanna kiss me, ducky?"

"When you say that, smile!"

"there is no way, no way you came from my loins.  The first thing I do when I get home is punch your Mama in the mouth!"

philo43

Quote from: jimv on October 14, 2020, 08:47:44 PM

"If God had a mind to be a fish, He'd be a whale,  Believe it, He'd be a whale!"

"When you say that, smile!"

"there is no way, no way you came from my loins.  The first thing I do when I get home is punch your Mama in the mouth!"Smokey and the Bandit

jimv

Right about that one, philo.  Want to take a crack at the others?

LennG

Quote from: jimv on October 14, 2020, 08:41:36 PM
This one took me a while.

I kind of knew you'd get that one.  Jean Harlow.

I also thought you would get #1. Give this one another shot, It was a Best Pix Oscar winner. Thre is a much more famous quote which if I told you, would get it in a second.

#3 I thought maybe, but it is from A Star Is Born, the 1937 version.
#6 was from Pride and Prejudice
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

"Whaddaya think I am ?  Dumb or something?"   Singing In The Rain

"If God had a mind to be a fish, He'd be a whale,  Believe it, He'd be a whale!"  Moby Dick

"Ill give you something to dream about, Mister!  Wanna kiss me, ducky?" Witness For The Prosecution

"there is no way, no way you came from my loins.  The first thing I do when I get home is punch your Mama in the mouth!"
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

"When you say that, smile!"  The Virginian

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Actually, they were all softballs for you, Lenny. :yes: :yes: :yes:

LennG

Quote from: jimv on October 15, 2020, 06:17:06 PM
Actually, they were all softballs for you, Lenny. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Most were. You've used that quote from the Virginian several times. I just paid attention.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on October 15, 2020, 06:47:59 PM

Most were. You've used that quote from the Virginian several times. I just paid attention.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's a good quote. :yes: :yes: :yes:

jimv

"Tighten your seat belts; it's gonna be a bumpy night!"

ozzie

Bette Davis in All About Eve!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara