News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Quote from: philo43 on November 21, 2020, 04:16:09 PM
My bad - meant to same lead actor - We Were Soldiers quote is from the CSM - not Mel.  Can't remember his name, but I have a true affection for all Non Coms

edit to add: Gray matter seems to be going to Sh!t!!!!!

The CSM was played by Sam Elliott.  If you remember near the beginning - "The Sgt. Major answers to me and me alone!"

I also have affection for Non Coms; my Granddaughter will be promoted to MSgt (USAF) in the Spring!

jimv

jimv

Two more from the same movie:

"A piece of pie."
"No.  A piece of cake."

"Easy as cake."
"No.  Easy as pie."

jimv

C'mon, guys!  These last three quotes are from the same movie & it's not a toughie!

jimv

Quote from: jimv on November 27, 2020, 06:13:49 PM
C'mon, guys!  These last three quotes are from the same movie & it's not a toughie!

OK!  Without telling you exactly what movie it is, I'll add two more quotes:

"It's full of stars!"

"something is going to Happen"
"What?"
"something wonderful."

philo43

Jim,

If it is Sci Fi or a take off on comic books, I have never seen it.

jimv

Quote from: philo43 on November 27, 2020, 10:05:44 PM
Jim,

If it is Sci Fi or a take off on comic books, I have never seen it.

philo, that's awful hard to believe.  It's hard for me to imagine that you've seen this sci-fi film  It's a sequel to another sci-fi film.

philo43

Quote from: jimv on November 28, 2020, 12:13:38 AM

philo, that's awful hard to believe.  It's hard for me to imagine that you've seen this sci-fi film  It's a sequel to another sci-fi film.

Seriously, I have seen maybe (at a high guess)  5 Scifi movies in my life and those were all older ones like The Time Machine.  As far as the current craze for the comic book movies - the only one I have have seen that I can think of is Captain America, none of the Batman etc.  Also don't watch the horror flicks.

I just have no interest in these movies - so I don't watch them

jimv

OK.  I'll go to the last lines of a Classic War film:

"Dear Frances, we just blew a bridge and captured a farmhouse.  It was easy."

philo43

Quote from: jimv on November 28, 2020, 10:06:00 AM
OK.  I'll go to the last lines of a Classic War film:

"Dear Frances, we just blew a bridge and captured a farmhouse.  It was easy."

Vaguely familiar - I will ponder on it while I am delivering Amazon packages tomorrow.  Sometimes when I quit thinking about something for awhile - the answer just pops into my head.

jimv

jimv

Guess what Classic MGM Musical this song came from:

THANK HEAVEN FOR LITTLE GIRLS,
THANK HEAVENS FOR THEM ALL
NO MATTER WHERE OR MATTER WHO.
WITHOUT THEM WHAT WOULD LITTLE BOYS DO?

jimv

OK, guys, it's obvious that I'm the "Old Fart" on this thread.  I'm putting up quotes from :greetings: :greetings: :greetings: older movies that you younger guys never heard of much less seen!  And, you guys are putting up quotes from newer movies that I've never seen or heard of.  To top it off, Lenny seems to have left.  So, I just have to resign from this thread.  Have fun!!!! :greetings: :greetings: :greetings:

philo43

Don't quit Jim, I enjoy it!.  I know some of the movies you quote but not all. Lenn does seem to have quit, but don't let that stop you.  Keep them coming and I will do the best I can.  I have some knowledge of the "classic: era of movies - enjoy them more than most of the new genre. I will try and think of ones that are in your wheel house.

LennG

I haven't 'quit' just taking a breather.

A lot going on here so I needed a break.

I'll be back with some new quotes soon.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss