News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on December 22, 2020, 04:19:54 PM

Never saw it.
A terrific Bogey movie and you never saw it?  BOOOO

It was just on TCM Sat nite.

Just a wonderful movie--try it, you WILL like it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048801/

What about my last quote--should be a softball for you.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

It IS a softball!  I've got iot on the tip of my tongue but it just won't won't come through my brain. ~X(  Maybe it'll come if I stop thinking about it. :( :( :(

LennG

Quote from: jimv on December 22, 2020, 05:52:21 PM
It IS a softball!  I've got iot on the tip of my tongue but it just won't won't come through my brain. ~X(  Maybe it'll come if I stop thinking about it. :( :( :(

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get it. I have that same exact problem with so many things lately. What were we talking about??????????????
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

While Jim is trying to remember lets try a could of others

"if you think I

Charlie Weiss

Moose135

The Moose is Loose!

jimv

Of course!!!!!  "White Christmas."

GordonGekko80

LennG

Quote from: philo43 on December 23, 2020, 05:28:55 AM
Clarence again

He gets around, doesn't he. Especially since he now has his wings   :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on December 22, 2020, 07:49:05 PM

"if you think I

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I've been watching some other 'oldies' set in and around the holiday season so they are considered holiday movies.

If you love 'oldies' try these on for size

(No softballs here) (I'm giving you tow quotes from the same movie

#1-- She was sort of a medium built, medium height. With a nice evening gown on with a belt in the back. She's sorta built like the girl I knew from the corner drugstore who used to play pinball. Conshwella Schlepkiss. I remember she was high man three weeks in a row.

#2-- My father was a lot like you, just a man with a family. Never amounted to much, didn't care. But as long as he was alive, we always had plenty to eat and clothes to keep us warm.

-Were you happy?

Yes.

Then your father was a very successful man.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

And the second movie, also an oldie. (one of my all time favorite holiday movies

"There might be a lot we don't know about each other. You know, people seldom go to the trouble of scratching the surface of things to find the inner truth."

"Well I really wouldn't care to scratch your surface, Mr. Kralik, because I know exactly what I'd find. Instead of a heart, a hand-bag. Instead of a soul, a suitcase. And instead of an intellect, a cigarette lighter... which doesn't work."

Charlie Weiss

jimv

# 2 - "Shop Around the Corner."

LennG

Quote from: LennG on December 22, 2020, 07:49:05 PM

"if you think I

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on December 25, 2020, 01:43:11 PM
I've been watching some other 'oldies' set in and around the holiday season so they are considered holiday movies.

If you love 'oldies' try these on for size

(No softballs here) (I'm giving you tow quotes from the same movie

#1-- She was sort of a medium built, medium height. With a nice evening gown on with a belt in the back. She's sorta built like the girl I knew from the corner drugstore who used to play pinball. Conshwella Schlepkiss. I remember she was high man three weeks in a row.

#2-- My father was a lot like you, just a man with a family. Never amounted to much, didn't care. But as long as he was alive, we always had plenty to eat and clothes to keep us warm.

-Were you happy?

Yes.

Then your father was a very successful man.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

And the second movie, also an oldie. (one of my all time favorite holiday movies

"There might be a lot we don't know about each other. You know, people seldom go to the trouble of scratching the surface of things to find the inner truth."

"Well I really wouldn't care to scratch your surface, Mr. Kralik, because I know exactly what I'd find. Instead of a heart, a hand-bag. Instead of a soul, a suitcase. And instead of an intellect, a cigarette lighter... which doesn't work."

Jim got the second one (softball) how about #1. You have TWO quotes from this very famous movie (An oldie--1942)

Charlie Weiss

LennG

How about a movie that touches on New Year's Eve

There is no way that we are going on a plane to meet some woman who be a crazy, sick lunatic! Didn't you see "Fatal Attraction"?

You wouldn't let me!

Well, I saw it, and it scared the xxxx out of me! It scared the xxxx out of every man in America!

Charlie Weiss