News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

OTA'a start today

Started by Jclayton92, May 20, 2024, 10:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

https://www.bigblueview.com/2024/5/20/24160656/4-things-to-watch-during-new-york-giants-otas

What are you looking for?

Anything in particular you want to see?

For me I want them to immediately find 5 guys on the line and give them time to gel

Interested in who is getting reps behind Singletary

Who is getting reps at the wr spots

And how the back 7 is going to shake out

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 20, 2024, 10:22:58 AMhttps://www.bigblueview.com/2024/5/20/24160656/4-things-to-watch-during-new-york-giants-otas

What are you looking for?

Anything in particular you want to see?

For me I want them to immediately find 5 guys on the line and give them time to gel

Interested in who is getting reps behind Singletary

Who is getting reps at the wr spots

And how the back 7 is going to shake out

This.  All day This!
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Takeaways:

Work was done right outside the redzone doing 7/7 and 11/11 drills

Devin Singletary aka motor grabbed the 1st TD of otas.

Alex Johnson the UDFA from UCLA who led the pac 12 in INTs, impressed during rookie camp and continues to stand out now with the first Int of camp. Don't be surprised if he beats someone for a corner job.

Jones got a little work in 7 on 7 with wandale and nabors

Lock however took the lead for the majority of camp throwing to Nabers and everyone else.

The trio of Burns, Thibs, and Lawrence have really gotten close and are said to be building great chemistry up front.

Dru Phillips and Nubin are rooming together and working through the playbook together. It is said that Nubin has been calling some plays, will be interesting to see if it's him or Bobby OK with the calls

Jclayton92

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40114750/new-york-giants-qb-tommy-devito-chip-shoulder

Nice article on Devito

Ryan Dunleavy
 noted that Thibs and Burns are glued to the hip pushing each other to be dominant

And that Dante Miller isn't just depth and has a real shot at RB2 vs Tracy.

Philosophers

What WR spot does Nabers play primarily?  If he's slot, where does Robinson play?

Who are the 5 OL and do they establish starters early?

Does Theo Johnson become an impact player at TE?

Who gets most reps at 3 tech?

Do Nubin and Philipps become early starters

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on May 20, 2024, 05:27:01 PMWhat WR spot does Nabers play primarily?  If he's slot, where does Robinson play?

Who are the 5 OL and do they establish starters early?

Does Theo Johnson become an impact player at TE?

Who gets most reps at 3 tech?

Do Nubin and Philipps become early starters
Nabers, and Wandale were on the field together from what I can tell.

Theo caught a few balls

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 20, 2024, 05:42:09 PMNabers, and Wandale were on the field together from what I can tell.

Theo caught a few balls

What WR positions is what I want to know.

Painter

First and foremost, we all should want to see evidence of Daniel Jones's return to health and best form. Why that should be is too obvious as to require discussion, much less debate. So far, based on his limited but very favorable OTA performance, most of us are encouraged.

Cheers!