News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

This is how the Rams stay one of the least injured teams

Started by MightyGiants, May 04, 2024, 07:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Why do I feel like they are operating light-years ahead of the oft-injured Giants?

https://x.com/clt_ny/status/1786571195623538845
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Interesting. His proprietary "risk formula" should be able to be figured out using historical data. Otherwise, the only way to get it is to hire him, and he's probably had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, so even that might not work. I would think if the Giants read, or already know, this, they'd have a few of their math/stats gurus working on a similar risk assessment analysis and apply it. It seems to work
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Very interesting, and I'm not surprised that the Rams are sophisticated on this stuff. They are absolutely one of the most progressive and forward-thinking teams in the league.

We (meaning the organization) on the other hand continue to employ head trainers who learned their trade during the Nixon administration, and then when our guys drop like flies at an alarming rate every single year for well over a decade, we shrug our shoulders and chalk it up to random bad luck.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 04, 2024, 08:14:00 AMVery interesting, and I'm not surprised that the Rams are sophisticated on this stuff. They are absolutely one of the most progressive and forward-thinking teams in the league.

We (meaning the organization) on the other hand continue to employ head trainers who learned their trade during the Nixon administration, and then when our guys drop like flies at an alarming rate every single year for well over a decade, we shrug our shoulders and chalk it up to random bad luck.

If you have a subscription to the Athletic, I highly recommend their two-part series, finding Rams.  The Rams gave a reporter massive access to the Rams process during a season and the article provides great insights.   I remember it against "Finding Giants" where my most memorable scene was some old Giants scouting trying to scam free candy from some college football program.

https://theathletic.com/5461276/2024/05/02/nfl-draft-scouting-process-rams-behind-the-scenes/

https://theathletic.com/5468042/2024/05/03/rams-nfl-draft-scouting-behind-the-scenes/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 04, 2024, 07:32:23 AMWhy do I feel like they are operating light-years ahead of the oft-injured Giants?

https://x.com/clt_ny/status/1786571195623538845

Thank again for posting this, Rich @MightyGiants . THIS is what I refer to when I cite the Rams' method for evaluating players' risk for injury, and the development (injury risk mitigation) plan they put in place for each player. It has merit, although a couple of years ago the injury bug hit the Rams above and beyond what this program could mitigate. But, last season, their metrics fell back in line with the norm.

This is a good example of a player management plan for safety AND injury avoidance.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 04, 2024, 08:49:05 AMIf you have a subscription to the Athletic, I highly recommend their two-part series, finding Rams.  The Rams gave a reporter massive access to the Rams process during a season and the article provides great insights.   I remember it against "Finding Giants" where my most memorable scene was some old Giants scouting trying to scam free candy from some college football program.

https://theathletic.com/5461276/2024/05/02/nfl-draft-scouting-process-rams-behind-the-scenes/

https://theathletic.com/5468042/2024/05/03/rams-nfl-draft-scouting-behind-the-scenes/

I do, and thank you for the recommendation. I will check them out this weekend.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 04, 2024, 11:11:51 AMI do, and thank you for the recommendation. I will check them out this weekend.

Please follow up with your thoughts and any highlights worth mentioning in addition to what Rich @MightyGiants has shared with us thus far. I have always enjoyed reading your analyses and this is a subject of great personal and professional interest to me.

Thank you, as always!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

B1GBLUE

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 04, 2024, 08:14:00 AMVery interesting, and I'm not surprised that the Rams are sophisticated on this stuff. They are absolutely one of the most progressive and forward-thinking teams in the league.

yep! i mean for sure some of it is just bad luck and the nature of football, its a violent game. but for us to lead the league year after year in injuries and missed starts, you HAVE to start looking at the training staff. the giants are a loyal orginzation to a fault. EXCEPT to guys like coughlin and eli. i will never forgive them for how they did tom, even if his time was coming to an end. and ending eli's start streak in favor of geno. absolutely pitiful. yet they keep guys like barnes, and the oline coaches around for years on end.

T200

Quote from: kartanoman on May 04, 2024, 01:25:37 PMPlease follow up with your thoughts and any highlights worth mentioning in addition to what Rich @MightyGiants has shared with us thus far. I have always enjoyed reading your analyses and this is a subject of great personal and professional interest to me.

Thank you, as always!

Peace!
Ditto this. Looking forward to your thoughts, @DaveBrown74
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: