News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dance compellation

Started by LennG, July 05, 2022, 06:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

QuoteI don't know if anyone is really interested in these great film compilations. I knew Jim loved them and he got me started on them. So if you're not interested fine, but maybe Jim is watching somewhere, so here are a few more -  Lenn

I like them Lenn. I haven't spent a lot of time on the board lately, but finally got around to watching them and it's a nice break from reality and fun to watch. Amazing what people can do with their bodies

Here's one that I always liked...so much energy, makes me tired just watching them:

And then there's Britney before she started "Dancing with Knives", LOL. Not a mashup, but she can dance

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Jim and I were such huge fans of movies, especially those really old ones, that we relished in watching clips that featured assorted dancers et al. As I said, he got me started on these things, and we used to email them all the time, whenever we found a new one. Myself, overall, musicals weren't right at the top of my movie agenda, but watching short clips of long-ago stars, just gets me going. I love how they incorporate the newer movies into these also, although there are few musicals made today--but you can always find some people dancing away.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

I enjoy the mashups Lenn. Particularly liked seeing Ann Margaret in her hey day. Didn't recognize a lot, but noticed Danny Kaye, Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney, etc. Whoever puts these things together must have watched thousands of movies and cut and spliced thousands of hours of work together. Who knows, maybe there's an easy way to do it with a computer...far beyond my capabilities

All I know is short clips of dancing for which I enjoy watching people who know how to dance. Few movies have good dance scenes. I can think of a couple

From "Blast from the Past" (one of my favorite movies of all time - if you never saw it, see it)

Or the dance scene from "True Lies"

Or Wednesday teaching Lurch how to dance in the old Addam's Family TV show....LMAO

LennG

Great clips Ric.  Loved the Addams family scene.

I AM a movie person and I get a kick out of trying to identify some or any of the movies from the clips. Some are so short but many are memorable. You should be able to ID Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, and several others who seem to be in many clips in these montages.
Funny thought, great clips like Travolta's Saturday Night Fever Dancing are mostly left out, with maybe a view here and there. He was a terrific dancer and he sort of got away from it in his later movies.

This dance scene alone did more for Disco than anyone or anything else ever did. So many people copied his moves and they sort of became synonymous with the Disco craze.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Another good montage that combines early and most later dance  clips

Charlie Weiss

LennG

A good selection of new vs old movies and dances

Charlie Weiss

LennG

To just show one dancer was easy, the incomparable, gorgeous Rita Hayworth in Gilda

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

I actually knew just about every movie in the clips from the Mark Ronson "Uptown Funk" mashup. Surprised they didn't add the most watched dance clip of the last year, that many kids (and adults) are trying to copy from last year's movie, "M3GAN", the robot girl turned killer

LennG

Gosh. When I first watched the first video I thought it had to be CGI, but after watching the others, I didn't think a body could move like that. Surprised no football player isn't doing that in the end zone. (I had better not give them any ideas)

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Another one of my all-time favorite movie dance routines, though may not be to every taste. I LOVE this movie. Don't ask me why, but I used to go to the midnight showings many, many, many years ago.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Since we are doing some great dance scenes, I felt it appropriate to put up a couple of great scenes from Fiddler on the Roof

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I also found this mash-up of new and old. A good collection

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Found some new ones, if anyone is really interested.

(good one)

Charlie Weiss