News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Does first down go digital?

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 10:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

now if baseball balls and strikes were only done that way.....
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

DaveBrown74

I wouldn't have an issue with this, provided it's definitely more accurate than human calls. I don't see a good argument for why sports should not use technology to make officiating more accurate. Why allow for human error when you don't have to? Tennis is way better now that they have the technological arbiter on close calls. What is worse than a team losing a game because of a wrong call that could have been avoided with the use of available technology?

Rosehill Jimmy

I'm guessing it still doesn't account for the correct spot
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on Today at 12:33:26 PMI'm guessing it still doesn't account for the correct spot

That's what I am thinking, the official still needs to spot the ball.   I can't think of a current technology that could determine where the ball is when the runner is down.   The location of the ball is easy, it's their down part that is the challenge.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE