News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

These pix are fantastic Lenn! And I agree with what you're saying about the butterfly shots....patience pays off. Much like when I used to go fishing a lot, don't be too quick to move off a spot and your patience will be rewarded.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

ozzie

Here are some pix of the Oregon coast and surrounding areas from years ago when we were visiting relatives....

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

LennG

Ozzie

Just great shots.

The 3rd and 4th shot, that is Multnomah Falls, or something like that in the Columbia River Gorge--right? We;ve been there and also got some amazing shots. Just hard to get the darn thing into one pix.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I wanted to climb to the top of it but the wife said -no way, so I took out my handy tripod and took our usual pix. (No selfies for me)   :yes: :yes: :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Ozzie

This was the best I could do in one frame

and our 'selfie', but I was MUCH younger then.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: How come my wife still looks the same though  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Yes Lenn, That is indeed Multnomah Falls. I had the same type situation when the girls and I wanted to trek to the bridge, but were told by others in our party that there wasn't time.  :(
I did get a shot similar to yours, but then realized I wasn't holding the camera as horizontal as I should have and it looks like the bridge is on a slight incline!  :o (didn't have a tripod with me)
Yours is a beautiful shot!

John Mara

T200

I like taking pics of my Jeep

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ozzie

Nothing wrong with that. That's a good looking vehicle.

John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on July 23, 2020, 03:27:01 PM
Yes Lenn, That is indeed Multnomah Falls. I had the same type situation when the girls and I wanted to trek to the bridge, but were told by others in our party that there wasn't time.  :(
I did get a shot similar to yours, but then realized I wasn't holding the camera as horizontal as I should have and it looks like the bridge is on a slight incline!  :o (didn't have a tripod with me)
Yours is a beautiful shot!

Yesh Ozzie, great minds think alike. (the womenr I mean)  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Us guys are up for anything.

What camera/phone were you using?

I have at least 7 tripods around. I have two very good, heavy duty ones, of which one is always in the back of our car. When we travel without the car, I have a very, very lightweight one that will open to about 4 foot. I use this one all the time when we travel fly, cruise. I usually just leave it attached to my camera, (folded up) sling it over my shoulder and off we go. I have found that most people do NOT know how to take pics of other people, like when I ask some one if they can take a pix of us. They usually take a pix where it could be anyone there and just concentrate on the background. That is not how I take pix of us. We should be the main focus and the background interesting, like in the pix I posted. You can see where we are, but you can also see it is us. When I do have to ask some one, I always look for anyone who has a similar camera to what I am using. They usually know how to use a regular camera but even then, many find ways to screw it up. As we go along in this thread, and we post more pix, you will see what I mean about people photos and us.

Charlie Weiss

Jim143

I only have my iPhone now.  Over the years, I have had many.  I stated with a Yashika 35mm in Freshman year in High School.  By senior year, I "graduated" to an Olympus OM1.  I went from there to an OM10, Minolta 7000i, and my last SLR was a Nikon D70 (? - I think that was the number).  I then had a couple of smaller Olympus digital cameras and now the iPhone is "just" as good for what I need
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

Shoelessjoe

Below is a sunrise over the atlantic with a fishing boat.  I got up at 4 in the morning and went to the beach and took this picture when the boat happened to pass by during the golden hour.  If you look closely you can see gulls around the boat.

I got this picture of a Cape Henlopen lighthouse while the sun was going down.  This was during the Blue hour when the sun is below the horizon and the color emitted is special. 

During the Covid shutdown I went onto my deck and with a 600 MM lens I got this shot of a bird (first photo).  I then went into photoshop and created a textured layer.  I then went back into Lightroom and Cropped the image to eliminate the white fence.

T200

Frank,

Great shots! I took the liberty of updating your post to add the IMG tag so your pics will show in the post.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Ditto Tim.

Great pix Frank. The sunrise shot is just magnificent.

Charlie Weiss

Shoelessjoe

Tim, I realized that I forgot the click on the icon to post the image after so I corrected it also.

Jolly Blue Giant

There's a lot of talent by the men on this board with a camera in their hands. That sunrise and fishing boat picture could be entered in a contest and would probably take the trophy. It's that nice!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Sem

I certainly cannot compare to you guys, in fact I don't think I even own a camera anymore other than my cell phone.
I took this cell pic while on a drive out nearby Figueroa Mountain Rd, through the Los Padres National Forrest.