News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The most visable and most seen woman in the U.S. that no one knows

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, March 06, 2024, 01:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

If you live in NYC, you see her all the time. If you're old enough to remember walking liberty quarters and half dollars, you've seen her. Yet no one knows who she is

The story of Audrey Munson (probably distantly related to Thurman, but that's just a guess on my part after doing genealogy for half a century)

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Sorry, I missed this Ric. Very interesting story. Being a NYer all my life and working in Manhattan for many years, I have probably passed by many of her statues and never took a moment to even notice.
I would think her posing nude, at the time she did was probably scandalous.
Was she the model for that Walking Liberty 1/2 dollar? I don't think they mentioned it?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on March 09, 2024, 02:16:53 PMSorry, I missed this Ric. Very interesting story. Being a NYer all my life and working in Manhattan for many years, I have probably passed by many of her statues and never took a moment to even notice.
I would think her posing nude, at the time she did was probably scandalous.
Was she the model for that Walking Liberty 1/2 dollar? I don't think they mentioned it?

Yes. She was the model for the Walking Liberty half dollar
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: