News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Running game

Started by killarich, April 28, 2024, 09:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

For all that Barkley did or did not contribute to the Offense, in his 74 of 96 game, 6-year tenure, the Giants had a 32-63-1 W/L with just one winning season. Moreover, they actually had a somewhat better record in their previous 6 seasons.

Thus, whatever we my think of the current RB Roster/ Depth Chart and so begin to make assumptions and projections, the previous standards, goals, and accomplishments are hardly of a daunting nature. That's something to keep in mind. 

Cheers!

TDToomer

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 29, 2024, 10:20:39 AMI completely agree with you. I'd wager the reason we don't get to see these young explosive guys as much as we'd like is simply because they haven't shown the coaches enough with respect to pass protection/blitz pickup. I'd have to think the number 2 tailback spot is wide open.

But all those other 4th-7th round rookies on other teams can? If so then we are obviously drafting the wrong type of running backs.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

TONKA56

Quote from: TDToomer on April 29, 2024, 11:28:04 AMBut all those other 4th-7th round rookies on other teams can? If so then we are obviously drafting the wrong type of running backs.

Don't know man. But to your point I've ripped the team with respect to their drafting of running backs pretty vocally.