News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bears are the team for the regular Hard Knocks

Started by MightyGiants, May 30, 2024, 05:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

So there are two Hard Knocks shows now?

I felt like one was more than enough.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 30, 2024, 09:11:49 PMSo there are two Hard Knocks shows now?

I felt like one was more than enough.

Well, one is focusing on the offseason (featuring the Giants), and one is featuring training camp.   I think that there is enough meat on that bone that the split should work.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

If I was breaking in a new #1 draft pick at QB I don't think I'd want the addition stress of having cameras all around.  I'd want camp to be as normal as possible so he he could get settled n and start forming his 'becoming a pro' routines without the distraction.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 31, 2024, 06:41:32 AMWell, one is focusing on the offseason (featuring the Giants), and one is featuring training camp.   I think that there is enough meat on that bone that the split should work.

Fair enough. Although keep in mind that most teams now do their own version of Hard Knocks, so there is now a ton of this type of content out there whether your team is on the actual Hard Knocks or not.

I am glad the Giants are on Hard Knocks, especially in this new format. Should be interesting and entertaining.

ralphpal1

I think these new players love the spot light

DaveBrown74

Caleb Williams has been a polarizing figure on this board. It will be interesting to get some more insight into his personality and makeup.

kartanoman

Personally, I'm glad the Giants are not the featured team for the pre-season. It's been like a badge of honor, historically, as this show used to be a "look at me" love-fest" for Jerry's boys, for example.

It stinks that Goodell is now "forcing" teams to appear on the show. So, the Giants compromised and broke ground this year for the first "off-season" version, which is tied to their 100th anniversary. But they still remain one of a few who haven't been featured on the legacy show.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)