News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

In round 5 the Giants draft RB Tyrone Tracy

Started by MightyGiants, April 27, 2024, 03:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TONKA56

From Walter Football;

Tyrone Tracy, RB, Purdue
Height: 5-11. Weight: 209.
40 Time: 4.48.
Projected Round (2024): 4-6.
4/22/24: Tracy never received a big workload in college, but he played well in 2023, averaging 6.3 yards per carry on 113 attempts for 716 yards and eight touchdowns. He had 19 catches for 132 yards. In 2022, he had 28 catches for 198 yards. Back in 2019, he totaled 36 receptions for 589 yards and three scores. At the next level, Tracy could compete to be a backup runner and special teams contributor. He helped himself with a fast time at the combine.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: brownelvis54 on April 27, 2024, 03:40:42 PMBecause we have Devin Singletary, Dante Miller, Eric Gray, and Gary Brightwell.

Of those RBs, only one has proven he's anything in the NFL. And at least one of the others won't make the team. They needed another prospect at this position, especially now that they're moving to a committee approach.

TONKA56

Quote from: brownelvis54 on April 27, 2024, 03:40:42 PMBecause we have Devin Singletary, Dante Miller, Eric Gray, and Gary Brightwell. a DT like Mekhi Wingo is more needed. Like I said months ago, why not take a chance on Michael Pratt in the latter rounds. He could sit for one year, low risk, perhaps high reward.

Gray and Brightwell suck. I'm fine with the rest. 

MightyGiants

166. NEW YORK GIANTS: TYRONE TRACY, RB, PURDUE
Height: 5-foot-11

Weight: 209 pounds

STRENGTHS
Combine star
3-down potential
Explosive playmaker
WEAKNESSES
Experience
Instincts
Power
Team Fit: A former receiver, Tyrone Tracy is a project at RB. But he could pay off handsomely. His burst and fluidity are uncommon, and the Giants had a big need.

Grade: B-
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: brownelvis54 on April 27, 2024, 03:40:42 PMBecause we have Devin Singletary, Dante Miller, Eric Gray, and Gary Brightwell. a DT like Mekhi Wingo is more needed. Like I said months ago, why not take a chance on Michael Pratt in the latter rounds. He could sit for one year, low risk, perhaps high reward.

In the 5th round you are looking for intangibles or a player you can plug in that does 1 thing really well. KR/PR has been horrible for multiple years now and now that is probably solved.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Has to be a real hidden gem to get excited about.  So far only high RAS and low mileage on legs and kickoff ability seem positive.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

Quote from: Philosophers on April 27, 2024, 03:53:06 PMHas to be a real hidden gem to get excited about.  So far only high RAS and low mileage on legs and kickoff ability seem positive.

Hope you guys are right. I am not a high on the pick
The KING is in the building

Jolly Blue Giant

He's a project with a ton of talent. Hope our coaches can tap into that athleticism. Rare for 5th round picks to become much, so you go for athleticism and try to get the most out of them through coaching. Happened last year when we drafted a name no one ever heard of in Trey Hawkins III

I trust that Schoen, Daboll, and scouts know more than me and know what they are doing. I know that they have wanted to improve STs
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

londonblue

Good after contact and explosive but raw and older. His superpower is versatility with RB WR KR value. Really nice pick if he can develop quickly with our coach who developed Kamara as that multi-use weapon in NOLA.

Ceri (ukgiantsfan) loves him btw!!!
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 27, 2024, 03:57:49 PMHe's a project with a ton of talent. Hope our coaches can tap into that athleticism. Rare for 5th round picks to become much, so you go for athleticism and try to get the most out of them through coaching. Happened last year when we drafted a name no one ever heard of in Trey Hawkins III

I trust that Schoen, Daboll, and scouts know more than me and know what they are doing. I know that they have wanted to improve STs

24 is mid prime age for NFL RBs, so if he's a project I hope for everyone's sake that it's not a long term project.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE