News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 23, 2023, 09:39:24 AMConnections
Puzzle #134
🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟪
🟪🟪🟨🟪
🟪🟪🟨🟨

These things are really hard. Mixing slang, with proper English, as well as words with multiple meanings and in many cases, rarely used except in certain circles or time periods. Frustrating

It is but I do think this group will get better at this game collectively if we stick with it.

Either way, whether you crash and burn or get through it, it's a good mental workout in the AM. And I'm kind of wordled out at this point (even though I plan on continuing with it).

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #134
🟨🟦🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟦🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟪🟪🟪
Never heard of focus mode
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

This all comes down to one person's perceived connection. There are other correct combinations. For example Ring, silent, vibrate, and connection are a better combination. Drive motivate spur and spark can connect. So the best way to approach this is to write them all out so they all have a chance to work.   
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

This one just fell into place for me.

Connections
Puzzle #135
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩

Jolly Blue Giant

Connections
Puzzle #135
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

Connections
Puzzle #135
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟩🟪🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #135
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

A couple of rocket surgeons today...wow

DB  =D>
EV  =D>

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 24, 2023, 11:36:43 AMA couple of rocket surgeons today...wow

DB  =D>
EV  =D>

It's all brain science over here.  :nanner:

MightyGiants

I am happy for the win

Connections
Puzzle #135
🟪🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I'll say this right now. After getting through yesterday's without a single wrong guess, I'm looking at today's (spent about 3 min so far), and I haven't the vaguest clue of how to get started. I better get another cup of coffee.

DaveBrown74

Sometimes it's just about seeing that first group. The whole thing is less daunting when you have one foursome salted away.

I thought this was a lot trickier than yesterday's, personally. It took me a while to see that first solution even though I guess it wasn't that complicated.

Another thought is they should probably start you with 20 words, not 16. Have four words be totally random and not part of any sequence. That way you actually have to get the fourth guess. The way it is now, you only need to solve three out of four and then you're done. That said it's probably hard enough as is.

Connections
Puzzle #136
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦

MightyGiants

Today's was a tough one

Connections
Puzzle #136
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Connections
Puzzle #136
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩

Every day is a challenge for sure. The first four jumped right out at me. Another group was readily apparent as well but there was actually a 5th that could go in that group as well so I had to look at another group.

Took less than 5 minutes.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Connections
Puzzle #136
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪