News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Pictures that got to me in another way

Started by LennG, March 06, 2024, 03:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I definitely didn't want to rain on Ric's thread as he was trying to project a certain theme maybe Dads can see that make you feel good yet they really get to you.

I have always felt I am pretty stoic on most things, but one thing that always gets to me are children who are left to try and mourn a Dad especially one who died in the service of their country. Being a veteran and being around military families, even to this day, I have seen this pain firsthand. Children do not understand death, especially when it is their father. Their love is still there yet there is only a grave to be able to show it.

I have many pics like this that when I go thru them, I walk away with tears rolling down my cheek, --every time. This is love from a child to their father.

Sorry to be a sort of downer, but to try and compliment what Ric is trying to show, there is love also, even in death.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

I hear you Lenn...probably the most famous photo is this one...a kid at his dad's funeral being handed the folded flag while trying to keep a stiff upper lip and being stoic, but he's having a hard time doing that

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ozzie

Heart wrenching photos. I feel for every family that has to go thru that.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

But it is the love of a child for their father, same as Ric posted, just a lot sadder.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss