News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What order do you play your brain games

Started by MightyGiants, March 12, 2024, 03:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

for awhile I was following the order I was introduced to them

Wordle- Connections - Waffle (regular and royale)

Now I have soured on Connections because I don't think the person running it is all that smart.  So now:

Wordle- Waffle (X2) - Connections (if I have time)

Connections really annoy me because it could be so great if a smart person was running it.  So many connections that could be created and so many good challenges.   Instead, some of the categories are outright silly, and some of the words in other categories are very questionable.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

I do Wordle almost daily. I've missed some here and there.

I soured on Connections as well. The challenge isn't the same as it was when we started playing. We've also discussed that after getting the first three categories, the last is a gimme. They need to fix that.

I've done the Strand puzzle that Ed posted. I'll give it a few more tries. Definitely more of a challenge than the other two. I do like word find puzzles, so there's an appeal there.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

I dropped out of Connections because I spend too much time, and it's frustrating to solve given the ambiguity of the clue and the vagueness of the words to connect. Maybe I'm just dumb  :doh:

For me, it's turn on the coffee maker, hit the head, turn on the computer, pour a cup of coffee and play Wordle, Waffle, Quordle, and Daily Sudoku...then on to Big Blue Huddle...then the news: NY Post, Syracuse News, Binghamton News, ESPN (if one of my teams played the night before)...Big Blue Huddle moves to the front of the order when something big is going down with the Giants. For the most part though, as soon as the coffee is ready, I sit down and play Wordle before anything else

I've looked at Strands, but I don't quite get it yet. I will keep trying, and maybe a light will come on in my dimming brain. I also play chess and a variety of card games (Spades, Hearts, etc.) now and then when it's a slow news day
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

I do Wordle as soon as I pick up my phone. I do Connections (not every day) whenever I go down to my computer. I do my daily crosswords and Sudoku as I eat breakfast in my daily paper.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

I do waffle after eight pm while watching TV. I do Wordle while having coffee usually after catching up with email and social media tags. I'll do Connections and other games at my leisure and downtime.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin