News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Adding even more clues for the ones left that will give them away

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aren't you gonna do something?"
"What are you talkin' to me for? She's the one with the gun."

Double Jeopardy

Just remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas....well, except Herpes, that shlt will follow you home" 
The Hangover

"we got to get rid of this broad...I know a great place up the road...lots of alligators"
"We're not getting rid of the broad"
"What's your angle?"
"No angle, I like her"

RED

"What did you bring her here for?"
"One, I had no choice...two, I might have suffered a slight concussion and three, she's mentally imbalanced to a spectacular degree!"

Bandits

"If you want justice, go to a whorehouse. If you want to get fu&^ked, go to court" [Richard Gere / Edward Norton]

(clue: one of the best legal dramas ever...and scary as hell)

"You don't want me! I'm filled with Scotch, bitterness and impure thoughts"
We Bought a Zoo

A few more:

[Reese Witherspoon]: "You f&^cker! You killed my grandma!"
[Kiefer Sutherland]: "That's not all I did to grandma"

(A clue: a "Little Red Riding Hood" spoof)

"He's not a President. He's an ordinary person. I can kill an ordinary person."

(no clue given as this one is too easy...must be a lot of people haven't seen this thread because its so easy) Kevin Kline, Sigourney Weaver

In a confession booth:
"Bless me, Father, for I have just killed quite a few men"
"No sh!t"

(another fairly easy one IMO. clue: incredible amount of death and blood, even Tarantino gets shot in the face [now a gimmee])

"I once asked this literary agent, uh, what kind of writing paid the best... he said, 'Ransom notes'".
Get Shorty
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Quote from: philo43 on October 10, 2020, 08:28:37 AM
Based on the clues you gave - animation - never have seen any

Great job Philo, you got 2,3 and 4.

On #1 think a bit more recent, basically a 2 person cast and a huge movie.

#5 is an animation but not just for kids. A give a way, think super heros
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 10, 2020, 10:03:59 AM
A couple of clues for the two left that will probably give them away (Gere; Damon)

"Aren't you gonna do something?"
"What are you talkin' to me for? She's the one with the gun."
    Double Jeopardy

Just remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas....well, except Herpes, that shlt will follow you home"  The Hangover

"we got to get rid of this broad...I know a great place up the road...lots of alligators"
"We're not getting rid of the broad"
"What's your angle?"
"No angle, I like her"
RED

"What did you bring her here for?"
"One, I had no choice...two, I might have suffered a slight concussion and three, she's mentally imbalanced to a spectacular degree!"
Bandits

"If you want justice, go to a whorehouse. If you want to get fu&^ked, go to court"

"You don't want me! I'm filled with Scotch, bitterness and impure thoughts"

A few more:

"You f&^cker! You killed my grandma!"
"That's not all I did to grandma"

"He's not a President. He's an ordinary person. I can kill an ordinary person."Dave

In a confession booth:
"No sh!t"

"I once asked this literary agent, uh, what kind of writing paid the best... he said, 'Ransom notes'".

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on October 11, 2020, 12:24:15 PM
We bought a Zoo

Get Shorty

Yup - good job. I thought the "We Bought a Zoo" might be tough...kind of an obscure movie that really showcased the talent of Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson.

There was a lot of good quotes in "Get Shorty" that would be obvious, but the one I picked was also a little less so.

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 11, 2020, 02:12:49 PM
Yup - good job. I thought the "We Bought a Zoo" might be tough...kind of an obscure movie that really showcased the talent of Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson.

There was a lot of good quotes in "Get Shorty" that would be obvious, but the one I picked was also a little less so.

Funny, I hated Get Shorty and the second one also. Can't really say why, but I just never got into it. BUT, I LOVED, We Bought a Zoo, as did my wife. Just a great feel good movie and it hit the spot at the right time. Wish more people would have seen it.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

I've met my matches.  I'm out of it. :( :( :(

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on October 11, 2020, 07:57:12 PM
Funny, I hated Get Shorty and the second one also. Can't really say why, but I just never got into it. BUT, I LOVED, We Bought a Zoo, as did my wife. Just a great feel good movie and it hit the spot at the right time. Wish more people would have seen it.

I'm glad to hear that someone else besides me loved "We Bought a Zoo". It was definitely one of those feel good movies. Probably the best "feel good" movies I can think of was "Second Hand Lions" with Michael Caine and Robert Duvall (both actors rank right up there with my favorite of all time). Just a really great family movie. If you haven't seen it, you must!

I liked "Get Shorty" as I am a fan of Travolta...as well as Renee Russo (yum, yum when I think of "The Thomas Crown Affair") and Danny Devito. I really liked (must put it in "past tense") Dennis Farina (played Ray Barboni) who passed away shortly after the movie. The scene of him kicking the crap out of Gene Hackman makes me laugh just thinking about it. It's kind of a movie that focuses on the Hollywood mentality of people in the movie business (like "State and Main" or that recent one, "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood") and that genre always interest me.

Here's that scene with Farina kicking Hackman's butt...LOL. Love it when the guy looks at Farina's gun and says, "what's that? a WOP 9, the fiat of guns?". Laughed so hard my sides hurt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O31rBYqYkuQ

LennG

Again, great cast, and I simply love Devito in anything, but I just never got into Teavolta's character and just didn't like the movie. Maybe I'll give it another shot one day, but I enjoyed the clip.

Did you ever see Ruthless People with Bette Midler and Devito. I laugh just thinking about it.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

The leftovers with clues:

"If you want justice, go to a whorehouse. If you want to get fvcked, go to court" [Richard Gere / Edward Norton]

A few more clues:

[Reese Witherspoon]
: "You fvcker! You killed my grandma!"
[Kiefer Sutherland]: "That's not all I did to grandma"

(Another clue: a spoof made on "Little Red Riding Hood")

(no clue given as this one is just too easy...must be a lot of people haven't seen this thread because it's that easy) Kevin Kline, Sigourney Weaver

In a confession booth:
"No sh!t"

(another fairly easy one IMO. Clue: incredible amount of death and blood, even Tarantino in a cameo appearance gets shot in the face and his head blown off [now it's a gimmee])

"Because a split second before the torque wrench was applied to the faucet handle, it had been calibrated by top members of the state and federal Departments of Weights and Measures, to be dead-on balls accurate."
"Dead-on balls accurate"?
"It's an industry term."
"I guess the fvckin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on October 12, 2020, 02:03:24 PM
Again, great cast, and I simply love Devito in anything, but I just never got into Teavolta's character and just didn't like the movie. Maybe I'll give it another shot one day, but I enjoyed the clip.

Did you ever see Ruthless People with Bette Midler and Devito. I laugh just thinking about it.

Yeah, Get Shorty had an incredible cast. It was a bit hard to follow the plot at first unless you were really into it since the first half hour has nothing to do with Hollywood and then Chili Palmer goes to LA. I agree that the sequel was not nearly as good and pretty much a waste of time. And I kind of liked Travolta's "Chili Palmer" character. The best I ever saw Travolta act though was in a really great movie called "Phenomenon" (if you haven't seen it, it's a must - it's one to watch with the wifey). That's another movie with a great cast with the likes of Robert Duvall, Kyra Sedgwick, Forest Whitaker, etc.

Never saw "Ruthless People", but thanks for the tip and I'll check it out if I can find it

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 12, 2020, 06:08:42 PM
The leftovers with clues:

"If you want justice, go to a whorehouse. If you want to get fvcked, go to court" [Richard Gere / Edward Norton] Primal Fear  To be honest I had to Googel Gere and then decided on which movie

A few more clues:

[Reese Witherspoon]
: "You fvcker! You killed my grandma!"
[Kiefer Sutherland]: "That's not all I did to grandma"  ????????????????? Like the other, I Googles Reese's movie and still don't have a clue.

(Another clue: a spoof made on "Little Red Riding Hood")

"He's not a President. He's an ordinary person. I can kill an ordinary person."   Dave

(no clue given as this one is just too easy...must be a lot of people haven't seen this thread because it's that easy) Kevin Kline, Sigourney Weaver

In a confession booth:
"No sh!t"

(another fairly easy one IMO. Clue: incredible amount of death and blood, even Tarantino in a cameo appearance gets shot in the face and his head blown off [now it's a gimmee])

When you mentioned Tarantino and all that blood, I was going to say Reservoir Dogs, but I believe it is Desperato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5fLGWrHouk&ab_channel=HasanCanerK%C4%B1rkmal%C4%B1
(I like the Eagles Desperato much better)

"Because a split second before the torque wrench was applied to the faucet handle, it had been calibrated by top members of the state and federal Departments of Weights and Measures, to be dead-on balls accurate."
"Dead-on balls accurate"?
"It's an industry term."
"I guess the fvckin

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Many of the last few movie have come from what some of us see as 'newer' movies

So why don't you try some 'older' movie quotes. If you are a fan of movies, makes no difference when a movie was made, you need to enjoy them all

---------------------------------------------------------

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

None of them ring any bells with me Lenn. Probably the only two old movies I've ever seen that I remember are "Wizard of Oz" and "Roman Holiday". I've seen "Breakfast at Tiffany's", but can't remember anything about it. I've also seen "African Queen" and "The Bridge Over the River Kwai" only because my parents own the movie and have watched them several times with me in the background. The only line I remember from the African Queen was, "are we going to shoot the rapids" and the only part of the Bridge Over River Kwai was whistling while they marched. Hell, I've never seen "Gone With the Wind" or "Wuthering Heights" and other movies that I've heard about or read about. Also, my girlfriend is literally half my age. She gets upset when I play a movie that was made before she was born (which was 1984) although I did get her to watch "The Graduate" because she wanted to watch a movie with Jennifer Aniston which was a sequel to the Graduate and I convinced her it would be a lot easier to understand if she watched The Graduate first. She did so begrudgingly. She likes sappy romance movies and teenagers like in American Pie type movies. I like thought provoking movies as well as some serious violence and I do like good comedy (which is rare in movie form). Compromising is a bitch!  ~X(

Anyway, you were right with Dave ,Desperado , and My Cousin Vinny - great movies IMHO

And the two new ones I was hoping Jimv would take on are a little obscure unless you were a fan of Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Paul Newman, etc. Those actors are about as old as I remember...well, I remember Jimmy Stewert because of Christmas movies  :(

philo43

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 12, 2020, 06:08:42 PM

I answered this one 2 days ago, before you gave the clue