News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

Because he likes it.   It is going to be a bumpy bumpy ride. I can't swim. Great kid...don't get cocky. Are you trying to seduce me? I read your book..we few...we happy few..I just suddenly went gay..it's the name of a fish...is it Mary?

GIANTS1

trying to seduce me sounds like mrs robinson. bumpy ride sounds like betty davis not sure of movie

jimv

Bette actually said, "It's going to be a bumpy night" from ALL ABOUT EVE.   
"I just suddenly went gay" is Cary Grant in BRINGING UP BABY.
"I read your book" sounds like PATTON saying "Rommel you magnificent bastard.  I read your book!"

LennG

Quote from: spiderblue43 on February 05, 2022, 09:55:37 AM
Because he likes it.   It is going to be a bumpy bumpy ride. I can't swim. Great kid...don't get cocky. Are you trying to seduce me? I read your book..we few...we happy few..I just suddenly went gay..it's the name of a fish...is it Mary?

This would be easier if you listed them, I don't know when one ends and another starts

Great Kid, Don't get Cocky is from Star Wars
I Can't Swim--Jaws????

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Lets try a few more easy ones

1--- "Remember, with great power comes great responsibility."

2---"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money.

And one a bit harder

3--- "Looked dead, didn't I? But I wasn't. But it wasn't from lack of tryin', I can tell ya that. Actually,***** last bullet put me in a coma. A coma I was to lie in for four years. When I woke up, I went on what the movie advertisements refer to as a 'roaring rampage of revenge.' I roared. And I rampaged. And I got bloody satisfaction. I've killed a hell of a lot of people to get to this point, but I have only one more. The last one. The one I'm drivin' to right now.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

spiderblue43

Quote from: jimv on February 05, 2022, 11:37:48 AM
Bette actually said, "It's going to be a bumpy night" from ALL ABOUT EVE.   
"I just suddenly went gay" is Cary Grant in BRINGING UP BABY.
"I read your book" sounds like PATTON saying "Rommel you magnificent bastard.  I read your book!"

Thanks on that. Right on Patton. Good on you with Cary Grant. Yeah I got the Betty Davis quote wrong. Just having fun. But what about the other I quoted?

spiderblue43

The others? Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid, Dirty Harry, Star Wars and The Marx Brothers (Horsefeathers)

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on February 05, 2022, 01:16:57 PM

2---"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money.

And one a bit harder

3--- "Looked dead, didn't I? But I wasn't. But it wasn't from lack of tryin', I can tell ya that. Actually,***** last bullet put me in a coma. A coma I was to lie in for four years. When I woke up, I went on what the movie advertisements refer to as a 'roaring rampage of revenge.' I roared. And I rampaged. And I got bloody satisfaction. I've killed a hell of a lot of people to get to this point, but I have only one more. The last one. The one I'm drivin' to right now.
#1 is Spider Man.

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on February 04, 2022, 02:18:06 PM
I am really not into Marvel. I know it's popular with most, but it's just not my thing, so I will never know that.

Second one, give me a bit to think about. It does sound familar.
The first one is with Tom Hardy.

The second one was a line from Jeff Goldblum.

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on February 05, 2022, 03:50:27 PM
The first one is with Tom Hardy.

The second one was a line from Jeff Goldblum.

OK got the second one, Jurrasic Park   

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on February 06, 2022, 06:53:40 PM
#1  City Slickers

#2-- Not sure just yet

#3-- A League of their Own
Yes to both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: LennG on February 05, 2022, 01:16:57 PM

And one a bit harder

Anyone else on these.

We got #1 but the other two.

#2 Pretty easy if we're able to see the rest of the entire quote, but you should get this one

#3-- Very popular movie, just not quoted as much. The ***** is the guys name.

Charlie Weiss