News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: 2016 Triple Crown- Pick 3

Started by Ed Vette, May 05, 2016, 08:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: babywhales on June 13, 2016, 11:54:19 AM
Looks good.

although, next year you should require a selection for each race.

Thank you.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Belmont Results

Jolly = No entries = 0 points
Cid = No Entries = 0 Points
Whales = -50
4Ever = No Entries (Late Entry) 0 points
Terry = No Entries = 0 Points

Final Standings

Jolly = 60 minus 0 = 60
Cid = 60 minus 0 = 60
4Ever = 30 minus 0 = 30
Whales = 50 minus 50 = 0
Terry = 0 minus 0 = 0

Combined tie breakers for Jolly Blue Giant  :ok: and Cid in Dupont  :ok: are equal with 3 place and show totals. So it's a tie for the winner. Congratulations!

Please PM me with your addresses and your choice of one of the Big Blue Huddle items at:

http://www.cafepress.com/bigbluehuddle

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Cid in Dupont

FTR...I tried to enter my picks on Friday, but my wifi carrier (comcast) was having trouble in our area & didn't get it resolved until Sat evening...after the race.  I know I wouldn't have picked either of the horses that came in  1st or 2nd, but I would have picked Exaggerator to win.

That said, <speech insert>...I want to thank all of the people who helped me reach this point in my race picking career: body by Jake; my personal trainer whom without I couldn't have done this, Uncle Buck; my handicapper at the local horse track, my...O.K. all kidding aside...Vette this was fun & I look fwd to next year's contest...thanks for running it!!! =D> =D> =D>

Congrats to Jolly for winning too!

Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

Jolly Blue Giant

I do not feel as if I deserve to win (or tie for the win) as I lost interest after Nyquist couldn't handle the mud in the Preakness and then was pulled from the Belmont. Regardless, I enjoyed playing along for the first two legs. Thanks for going through the trouble of setting it up so the rest of us could have some fun on the side.
I told my teenage son, when I was his age, I used to get 10 CDs in the mail for a penny. I don't know if he thought I was lying or even knew what a CD was, or what a penny was, or what the mail was, or all of the above