News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Photography

Started by LennG, July 22, 2020, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

Here are a few pix of the Providence neighborhood we were in while visiting the relatives....

A nice quiet New England neighborhood. 
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

ozzie

My daughter and I did manage to get to Scarborough Beach one afternoon...

I'm not sure exactly what this stone structure might have been, I asked a few folks but no one seemed to have a clue. I don't even know how long it's been standing there. I thought it was an interesting subject though

A few more incidental shots of the beach...

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."

John Mara

ozzie

I'll finish up with just some other random things we came across..

Brown University Football Stadium.

Things around town...
An old Fire Box to alert the FD

Evidence that the Milkman still exists!

And some leftovers...

This was carved into one of the many stone walls in the area:

John Mara

LennG

Lou

LOVED then all.

Your eye for pixs is amazing.

If I had to choose a fav, I loved the shot of the brck sidewalk surrounded by green lawns and beautiful flowering bushes.

Really a great group of shots/

I would love to see you in action when you have 'more time'    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Well, today is the first day of Fall, my favorite time of the year. I LOVE, with all caps, to photograph Fall in all it's glory. We have had the great fortune to be able to ride and experience Fall, in all it;s glory at peak colors for the past few years. We have a trip planned for the middle of this month again. I never tire of so many images of Fall especially in New England.

Just going back from last year I wanted to post some of the great colors, views and just who knows what from that trip. If any have been put up before, my apologies, but most are worth a relook.

Let's start with my favorite--Covered Bridges in the Fall

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I can't wait to see what you come back with, Lenn. Looking forward to it!

John Mara

LennG

Let's try some river shots today

[/img]

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Outstanding, Lenn. Those colors are just something else!

John Mara

ozzie

Here are a few more from our recent trip to R.I. These were taken from my phone so the quality may not be the best, but I figured I'd post them anyway.
These are shots from the train as we were passing thru Pennsylvania:

We all liked this little heart shaped puddle:

This was as we approached D.C. I believe:

John Mara

ozzie

I always find looking down on things from a plane window gives a whole different perspective. Here are a couple of pix taken from the plane on the return trip.
Taking off from Logan Airport:

Clouds from above:

And approaching Dallas:

John Mara

LennG

Loved the shots from the plane. We aren't good flyers and my darling wife always takes the window seat, but when I do look out especially at wonderful cloud formations, I wish I could reach for my camera and start snapping away. Most times it is buried with the carry-ons, and my phone, well I'm still figuring out how to text.  :yes: :yes: :yes:

If you have more, I would love to see them. I'm jealous  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charlie Weiss

LennG

We are really starting to get into Fall. In our neighborhood, the trees are just starting to show a drop of color. Can't wait to get into the mountains and really get the true feelings of Fall.

Here are a few shots of Fall reflections in waters.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

As I said before, we were in New Hampshire for the past week. We did pretty good with the foliage but several places where we were, were past peak and we had 3 days of miserable rain and fog, but we did manage to come up with some really good pix. So much of the region is awash in color and it is hard to just stop if we are riding on the main roads. If anyone is interested, Interstate 91 going just about thru the entire state of Vermont is just gorgeous right about now. Driving along it is hard to concentrate on the road.
I need some time to sort out many of the pix but I did highlight a few and a few from last year,  Most of these are the leaves of Fall and I thought some interesting pix.

And this is one of my favorites and my current screen saver

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I've been waiting for you to get back and post some autumn beauty. You never disappoint!  :D

John Mara