News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Some good free movies on tubi streaming channel

Started by squibber, November 30, 2020, 09:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

If it's chicken soup then I don't get the joke.   =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Sem

Well we're both wrong, it's egg salad according to Wikipedia.

Allen took a Japanese spy film, International Secret Police: Key of Keys, and overdubbed it with completely original dialogue that had nothing to do with the plot of the original film. By putting in new scenes and rearranging the order of existing scenes, he completely changed the tone of the film from a James Bond clone into a comedy about the search for the world's best egg salad recipe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%27s_Up,_Tiger_Lily%3F

Bob In PA

Egg salad.... I still don't get the joke (other than the obvious recurring nature of the reference throughout the movie).  I only get the joke if the recipe was for gefilte fish.  Bob

squibber

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 23, 2021, 11:39:35 PM
Egg salad.... I still don't get the joke (other than the obvious recurring nature of the reference throughout the movie).  I only get the joke if the recipe was for gefilte fish.  Bob

I remember someone in the movie saying something like whoever has the best egg salad recipe will rule the world.  Woody is the master of silliness and I think he was trying to get a laugh juxtaposing something silly with something opposite like world domination.  Comic writers call it clash of context.

LennG

So egg salad it is.

That said, my darling wife makes a 'mean' egg salad herself, so should she be worried????? =)) =)) =))
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Quote from: LennG on May 23, 2021, 12:54:47 PM
This is only me, but I HATE, with a capital H, all these movies about people dying and doing their thing before it happens. I realize this is an ongoing trend, right from the old Bette Davis movie Dark Victory and Gary Cooper as Lou Gehrig in Pride of the Yankees (this one I did see), I just avoid them like the plague. Again, I'm sure these are wonderful, tearjerker movies and play well with most people, just not me. I may be the only one that has never seen Brian's Song and Beat the Drum slowly. Just not my type of movie.
You are not alone here, Lenn. I have seen both Brian's song and Pride of the Yankees, but for me I avoid "tearjerkers" and "Bucket List" Movies.
In my view, there is enough drama, sadness and bad news in everyday life, so when I watch a tv show or a movie, I don't want it to be a "downer".
I am very lucky and very happy with the life I have, so please don't misunderstand that what I wrote above was anything personal about me, but just a general statement about how I view things. I want my "entertainment" to make me feel good & keep me engaged.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Bob In PA

Quote from: ozzie on May 24, 2021, 01:30:55 PM
You are not alone here, Lenn. I have seen both Brian's song and Pride of the Yankees, but for me I avoid "tearjerkers" and "Bucket List" Movies.
In my view, there is enough drama, sadness and bad news in everyday life, so when I watch a tv show or a movie, I don't want it to be a "downer".
I am very lucky and very happy with the life I have, so please don't misunderstand that what I wrote above was anything personal about me, but just a general statement about how I view things. I want my "entertainment" to make me feel good & keep me engaged.
ozzie: "The Bucket List" IMO is a top movie, excellent cast. I watched it all the way through to the very end (including the credits) and found it to be uplifting rather than anything with a negative connotation. Bob

squibber

The Awakening - is a nice British ghost story. Rebecca Hall

squibber

Infinity Chamber: This is a very good thinking man

Bob In PA

squib: It's a good movie.  I think it is a straightforward ending, as it includes an explanation in the form of audio clips of "news reports" of the prisoner's escape.  I don't think the final shot is intended to suggest that this is simply another "virtual reality escape" that will end with him back in the cell.  On the other hand, the alternate meaning is not completely out of the question.  Bob

squibber

squibber

A Perfect Enemy - A European movie in English.  An artsy psychological drama.  A man picks up a young woman on the way to the airport. She makes him miss his flight. He wants to be alone but she keeps following him around the airport and keeps bothering him. He quickly learns the woman is not well. She insisted on telling him her story. He reluctantly listens. What does she want from me he says. The truth slowly unravels and it

DaveBrown74

Quote from: squibber on November 09, 2021, 03:31:46 PM
A Perfect Enemy - A European movie in English.  An artsy psychological drama.  A man picks up a young woman on the way to the airport. She makes him miss his flight. He wants to be alone but she keeps following him around the airport and keeps bothering him. He quickly learns the woman is not well. She insisted on telling him her story. He reluctantly listens. What does she want from me he says. The truth slowly unravels and it

squibber

For the scify fan I highly recommend the miniseries The Lost Room on tubi. If you liked Warehouse 13 you will definitely like The Lost Room. The miniseries totals 4 hours.

Something catastrophic happened in a seedy motel room from a paranormal sense that made every object in the room absorb some energy that gave each object a special power. Different groups are looking for these objects for their own special goals. A detective catches a criminal that is in possession of the motel key to The Lost Room. The detective discovers that the key will open any door. When the door opens the key holder can walk right into the lost motel room.  By thinking of any location when you reopen the motel room door, it will take you to that location. Unfortunately, the detective's daughter enters the motel room and becomes lost. The detective goes on a desperate search to find his daughter and he has to deal with people willing to kill to find power laden objects.