News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Movie trivia

Started by LennG, May 02, 2022, 11:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I just came across this site that gives some known or unknown trivia from several well-known movies.

Some I already knew, others not so, but always interesting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/25-hilarious-pieces-of-movie-trivia/ss-AAVLLV4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=08d51da573de45d788e4d745e3801606

Any others out there?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

That's just GREAT, Lenny!  When you call me, explain how you came up with it.

Jolly Blue Giant

There's a lot of funny stuff that goes on behind the scenes. One that I know of was told to me at a party where I met a guy who worked on the set of "The Last of the Mohicans". He said the shot of the Mohican standing on the edge of a cliff overlooking the land was done in North Carolina and it wasn't noticed until after the film was released that if you look closely, you can see a tour bus driving along...LOL
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

jimv

In the scene from HIGH NOON when Will Kane is standing in the middle of the street all alone you can the telephone poles of Hollywood in the background.

ozzie

Fight Club isn't a movie for everyone, but here is some trivia on it.
If you haven't seen it, I will warn you there is a spoiler in this list of trivia.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/20-facts-you-might-not-know-about-fight-club/ss-AALmqOQ?li=BBnbfcL#image=21
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Bob In PA

I'm not big on movie trivia (or any trivia) but I just watched the movie below and thought I might post it here.

I consider the difficulty of the question to be high; it's from the late 60's and memories may have faded.

The leading man, leading lady, and director are all very well known, very good at their jobs, and all were recognized by the Motion Picture Academy with multiple Academy awards and/or nominations.

The question... name the film that end with the final dialogue:

Leading man (to leading lady): "Bitch."
Leading lady (to leading man): "Bastard."

Bob

PS. Anyone interested enough to want a hint or hints, just ask and I'll add a few details that may or may not decrease the degree of difficulty.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

GIANTS1

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 02, 2022, 12:15:26 PMThere's a lot of funny stuff that goes on behind the scenes. One that I know of was told to me at a party where I met a guy who worked on the set of "The Last of the Mohicans". He said the shot of the Mohican standing on the edge of a cliff overlooking the land was done in North Carolina and it wasn't noticed until after the film was released that if you look closely, you can see a tour bus driving along...LOL
Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 02, 2022, 12:15:26 PMThere's a lot of funny stuff that goes on behind the scenes. One that I know of was told to me at a party where I met a guy who worked on the set of "The Last of the Mohicans". He said the shot of the Mohican standing on the edge of a cliff overlooking the land was done in North Carolina and it wasn't noticed until after the film was released that if you look closely, you can see a tour bus driving along...LOL
some one said they found another mohican and now they have change to all those books and movies to The Next To Last Of The Mohicans

ozzie

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 03, 2022, 09:28:54 PMI'm not big on movie trivia (or any trivia) but I just watched the movie below and thought I might post it here.

I consider the difficulty of the question to be high; it's from the late 60's and memories may have faded.

The leading man, leading lady, and director are all very well known, very good at their jobs, and all were recognized by the Motion Picture Academy with multiple Academy awards and/or nominations.

The question... name the film that end with the final dialogue:

Leading man (to leading lady): "Bitch."
Leading lady (to leading man): "Bastard."

Bob

PS. Anyone interested enough to want a hint or hints, just ask and I'll add a few details that may or may not decrease the degree of difficulty.

Sure, I'm not too proud to ask for some hints!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Bob In PA

Quote from: ozzie on October 04, 2022, 11:45:52 AMSure, I'm not too proud to ask for some hints!
OK, both the leading man and leading lady are/were British (the director is/was American). All are deceased.

Well-known stars working with a well-known director on a (not-so-well-known) movie made in Europe.

Leading lady was one of the most admired women in the world, starring in some of the most famous movies made in the 1950's and early half of the 1960's.

Bob

LennG

Bob

Jim would probably be better at this than me

But, and I know this answer is wrong because it cannot end with the lines you mentioned, Camelot, which stars 2 very well-known British actors.

So, if I can make a guess at a movie where I could see the two main characters saying those last words--Who'se Afraid of Virginia Wolfe" though Liz Taylor isn't British.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on October 04, 2022, 01:46:09 PMBob

Jim would probably be better at this than me

But, and I know this answer is wrong because it cannot end with the lines you mentioned, Camelot, which stars 2 very well-known British actors.

So, if I can make a guess at a movie where I could see the two main characters saying those last words--Who'se Afraid of Virginia Wolfe" though Liz Taylor isn't British.
Good try, but it's lesser known than either Camelot or Virginia Wolfe.

Another hint: it is not a "heavy" drama like Virginia Wolfe nor a musical like Camelot.

It's hard to describe, but this movie is mostly lighthearted, although it deals with a serious relationship between the two stars (who are married).

Bob

LennG

Bob

I need a bit more time to work on it. Tomorrow is our Holy Day, Yom Kippur and it'll give me some time to think.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on October 04, 2022, 04:06:16 PMBob

I need a bit more time to work on it. Tomorrow is our Holy Day, Yom Kippur and it'll give me some time to think.

Lenn: The day of atonement?  Well, we're all human and have plenty for which to atone.

Yet, knowing you as I do, I'm guessing you may have at least a tiny bit less than the average bear.

If you fast, have an easy one... if not, then I have been informed "Yom Tov" is appropriate.

Bob

LennG

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 04, 2022, 05:23:46 PMLenn: The day of atonement?  Well, we're all human and have plenty for which to atone.

Yet, knowing you as I do, I'm guessing you may have at least a tiny bit less than the average bear.

If you fast, have an easy one... if not, then I have been informed "Yom Tov" is appropriate.

Bob

Bob

Thank you for the kind words and wishes.

Specifically, 'Yom Tov' means holiday or festival so the correct greeting is 'Good Yom Tov'

The Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur is when you ask God to forgive all your sins from the past year. You fast, with no food or water for sunset until an hour after the following sunset (25 hours). You are supposed to pray most of the day, basically ( and this is simplifying it) At night you tell God you have been bad and then worse. In the morning, you realize how bad you were the past year and think I can do better this coming year. In the afternoon and evening, you are asking God to forgive everything you have done, start you out with a clean slate and you will be good the entire coming year.
On Yom Kipper, God seals your fate for the coming year, so you say you were bad, ask to be forgiven and then promise to be good for the coming year. It is the holiest day on the Jewish calendar, where no manner of work is done--no eating, no TV. computer, no phone--at least in our house. Each does what they feel is right for them.

(But God is always watching, so why take any unnecessary chances?  :yes:  :yes:  :yes: )

Charlie Weiss

LennG

OK Bob

I do remember several movies, but tried to do a bit of research and was stonewalled

So I would like to try a few guesses
Two For the Road--Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney
Star--Julie Andrews and several British men 

But I still like Taylor and Burton as they made several movies around that time and I can just see them saying that at the end of several.

Charlie Weiss