News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Let’s talk 2023 fantasy football

Started by Philosophers, July 14, 2023, 01:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: True Blue on August 29, 2023, 09:51:57 PMTrevor Lawrence
Travis Etienne
James Conner
Stefon Diggs
Davante Adams
Calvin Ridley
Pat Friermuth
Deebo Samuel
Bills D/ST
Harrison Butker

Daniel Jones
Isiah Pacheco
Alvin Kamara
Quentin Johnston
Michael Pittman
Kyle Pitts

8 Man League Half PPR

My team name is Jags In A Box

I like that you have Pitts but have a safe alternative in Freiermuth. I am very tempted to draft Pitts this year. I know he's risky but you can get him in the 6th round. Last year was more of a 2nd/3rd round guy. He's still incredibly young. His physical gifts are ridiculous.

DaveBrown74

What are later round RBs you guys like, if any? I normally draft 5 RBs total, so I usually am taking at least one in the 10th round or later.

Guys I'm interested in for that pick (not really in any order):

Jaylen Warren: I think he's better than Najee Harris and could end up with an equal workshare this year. I feel like they have a Pollard/Zeke type situation there.

Kenneth Gainwell: Gainwell is a solid player, and I have zero trust in either DeAndre Swift or Rashard Penny to stay healthy all year. Come later in the season when bye weeks kick in, I think there will be multiple weeks where Gainwell will be a good start. If just one of those guys is out I think he will be.

Tank Bigsby: If nothing else I think this guy will get goalline work, and as good as Etienne may be, he has proven to be an injury worry. Bigsby seems pretty solid, so I think he'll get a reasonable amount of touches even with Etienne healthy. And if Etienne goes down there is little else there.

Deuce Vaughn: This guy is diminutive, but he is absolutely electric. Looks like another Sprouls type. I could see him being on the field when Pollard is on. Kind of a wildcard pick but you can get him really late.

Tyjae Spears: People have been raving about this guy's talent. At Henry's age I could see them conserving his touches a little.

Anyone you guys like or anything you disagree with above? I will probably need to draft at least one of these.

bamagiantfan

Late Round RBs - here's a few that can be had in the last round in some leagues,
- Raheem Mostert. He is in a time share but is expected to be the starter. When he's healthy he is fantastic. Unfortunately staying healthy has been his issue, and it is the same with his backfield mate Jeff Wilson Jr. When one gets hurt, the other is going to be valuable.....until HE gets hurt.  :'(

- D'Onte Foreman. No one knows what the timeshare in Chicago is going to look like but Herbert is expected to get most of the work. Foreman may still get 12-15 touches per game and could be the preferred goal line back. If Herbert goes down, b=he showed in Carolina that he can handle a bigger work load.

- Rashad Penny. There are a lot of mouths to feed in that Philadelphia backfield, but I expect Penny to emerge as the 1st and 2nd down back. In mock drafts I've gotten him as late as the 12th round in 12 team leagues.

- Zach Moss and Deonte Jackson. One of these guys is going to be the beneficiary of the Jonathan Taylor mess in Indianapolis. With a rookie QB it makes sense that they will want to run the ball as much as they can while Richardson learns how to be productive in this Offense.   
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

True Blue

I drafted Quentin Johnston for a situation like this, and have the top waiver to grab Achane.

Looking pretty good right now after a big win. I don't expect that from Achane, but I think he can still get 10-15 points in a given week, and then potentially explode if Mostert (when really) gets hurt.

DaveBrown74

I have Achane (drafted him), but I didn't have him in yest! Killer.

Christian Watson was a brutal pick by me. Took him in the third round. Hasn't played yet. I was bullish on him as he tore it up down the stretch last year as a rookie. Hopefully he comes back soon.

Someone cut Dalton Kincaid in my league. I realize he hasn't done much as of yet, but I could see him developing a bigger role as the year goes on. Want to try to get him.

Josh Palmer and Rashee Rice are both available in my league. I'm only 9th on the wire list this year, but think both are worth grabbing. Mike Williams looks likely done for the season.

jgrangers2

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 25, 2023, 12:56:27 PMI have Achane (drafted him), but I didn't have him in yest! Killer.

Christian Watson was a brutal pick by me. Took him in the third round. Hasn't played yet. I was bullish on him as he tore it up down the stretch last year as a rookie. Hopefully he comes back soon.

Someone cut Dalton Kincaid in my league. I realize he hasn't done much as of yet, but I could see him developing a bigger role as the year goes on. Want to try to get him.

Josh Palmer and Rashee Rice are both available in my league. I'm only 9th on the wire list this year, but think both are worth grabbing. Mike Williams looks likely done for the season.

I had Achane on my bench as well. Obviously can't kick ourselves over that because who saw that coming from the Dolphins? I did have Davante Adams, which lessened the blow a bit of having a 50 point player on my bench.

True Blue

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 25, 2023, 12:56:27 PMI have Achane (drafted him), but I didn't have him in yest! Killer.

Williams tore his ACL and confirmed done for the year, he is worth a pickup for sure. I went with Johnston due to the draft profile, will be interesting to see how snaps and targets play out for them both.

True Blue

Quote from: jgrangers2 on September 25, 2023, 01:05:26 PMI had Achane on my bench as well. Obviously can't kick ourselves over that because who saw that coming from the Dolphins? I did have Davante Adams, which lessened the blow a bit of having a 50 point player on my bench.

Davante, Bill D/ST and Deebo carried me this week, Lawrence and Ridley stunk it up so I got lucky and those guys bailed me out.

Philosophers

Quote from: jgrangers2 on September 25, 2023, 01:05:26 PMI had Achane on my bench as well. Obviously can't kick ourselves over that because who saw that coming from the Dolphins? I did have Davante Adams, which lessened the blow a bit of having a 50 point player on my bench.

Ha I had Achane on my bench.  I have Spears too but he is not getting carries.

DaveBrown74

Agree with JG that we can't beat ourselves up about Achane. At least it was only week three and now we have a viable starter.

I doubt he'll ever have a game like that again though.

nb587

I could use some help on this.  I have Lawrence who has been disappointing and could switch to Tua.  Should I switch?  I have Ridley (disappointing) and Zay Flowers.  He replaced Waddle who is on the bench with McLaurin and Jeudy.  Which 2 should start?  Last, Mark Andrews or Hockinson at TE?

TDToomer

Quote from: nb587 on September 25, 2023, 07:44:16 PMI could use some help on this.  I have Lawrence who has been disappointing and could switch to Tua.  Should I switch?  I have Ridley (disappointing) and Zay Flowers.  He replaced Waddle who is on the bench with McLaurin and Jeudy.  Which 2 should start?  Last, Mark Andrews or Hockinson at TE?

I am starting Tua over Watson since week 2. Yes you should start Tua. His offense scored 70 points without Waddle. Trade Lawrence after the Phins bye week.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

PSUBeirut

Just checking in on folks to see how you've been doing, if you made the playoffs, how your teams are looking. 

The team I had above is the 4 seed in the playoffs and I just had a MONSTER week to move on.  Since the start of the year I made a couple good moves- 1) picked up Kyren Williams, 2) after the first 6 games or so I traded Derrick Henry for Deebo, 3) I picked up Trey McBride when Waller went out, 4) I picked up a serviceable QB in Jordan Love early.

The one move I regret is I traded Tony Pollard for Justin Herbert a few weeks back and then Herbert stunk it up then went on IR so I'm back to Jordan Love. 

In the BBH league, I am hanging on by a thread of potentially winning this week (Latex Salesmen is my team)- if I win this week I get JT and Josh Jacobs back next week so I might be able to make some noise!!!

And in the last league I'm in I just got McCaffrey'd out of the playoffs.  Ah well, can't win em all. :ok:

Philosophers

Quote from: PSUBeirut on December 17, 2023, 09:54:44 PMJust checking in on folks to see how you've been doing, if you made the playoffs, how your teams are looking. 

The team I had above is the 4 seed in the playoffs and I just had a MONSTER week to move on.  Since the start of the year I made a couple good moves- 1) picked up Kyren Williams, 2) after the first 6 games or so I traded Derrick Henry for Deebo, 3) I picked up Trey McBride when Waller went out, 4) I picked up a serviceable QB in Jordan Love early.

The one move I regret is I traded Tony Pollard for Justin Herbert a few weeks back and then Herbert stunk it up then went on IR so I'm back to Jordan Love. 

In the BBH league, I am hanging on by a thread of potentially winning this week (Latex Salesmen is my team)- if I win this week I get JT and Josh Jacobs back next week so I might be able to make some noise!!!

And in the last league I'm in I just got McCaffrey'd out of the playoffs.  Ah well, can't win em all. :ok:

I thought I had a loaded team this year but injuries then subpar performance after has really hit me.  Austin Ekeler and Saquon Barkley never got going for me.  I had Garrett Wilson thinking he'd be huge with Aaron Rodgers but then Rodgers gets hurt. Also last year every decision I made was the right one.  This year they're all wrong.  I sat Achane when he put up 51 points in one game.  Ugh!

EDjohnst1981

I finished 10th out of ten in my redraft. Sigh.

In my dynasty, I made the playoffs with the sixth seed but easily got rolled in the playoffs. Last season I made some major moves to secure both Hill and Chase (Chase traded away for 3 1st rounders this year). Frustrating season overall really.