News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: NY Rangers 2023 - 2024 Season

Started by Jaime, August 25, 2023, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Mika dumps the puck like he knows he should and the game would have continued.  This nonsense about the imbalance of shot attempts is funny.  All it means is florida really needs to improve their shooting. The Panthers needed 2 very flukey goals to get the game to OT.  Oh well, win Thursday.

kartanoman

Yet, despite all the frustration, they're precisely where we hoped they would be, i.e. tied at two apiece and a best of three game series with up to two games at the Garden.

What is concerning to me is that, at times, certain players go into a momentary freeze in the heat of play and my wife and I are screaming "wake the f&(k up out there!" But one player whom I give full marks to, in addition to Igor, is Miller who bounced back and played a solid game and looked much more in tune with getting in the boards and bringing the puck up with authority. So good on him for bouncing back.

Tough way to lose last night but eventually it's going to happen with the play all tilted in the Rangers' zone. Laviolette is going to have to figure out how to turn the table and get the team to respond because they will need more than Trocheck and Laffy to get it done.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

EDjohnst1981

Dumb mistakes/bad luck by the Rangers on all goals, especially the 3 on the power play.

I agree with whoever said it above, shot volume is such an overrated stats that doesn't paint the whole story.

Rangers were very, very good in the first. If they can replicate that, they will win the series.

Big if, granted.

Just_jimmy

It's best of 3.  2 of which are on home ice.

Get it won.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

The Rangers did what they needed to do, which was win one of two in Florida. Two out of two would have been amazing, but it would have been a luxury. They needed one, and they got one.

Now, they need to win game five at home.

Yes, they NEED to win this game. Lose tomorrow and the series is very probably over.

I don't think they will lose tomorrow though. I think they'll step up.

coggs

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 29, 2024, 07:58:04 PMThe Rangers did what they needed to do, which was win one of two in Florida. Two out of two would have been amazing, but it would have been a luxury. They needed one, and they got one.

Now, they need to win game five at home.

Yes, they NEED to win this game. Lose tomorrow and the series is very probably over.

I don't think they will lose tomorrow though. I think they'll step up.

When it is 2-2, I always feel like game 5 is a 2-for-1 deal.  I am sure at some time today, someone will post on twitter the % of series that end in 6 when it is 2-2 after 4.  Going tonight.  Pumped.  They need to come out strong as I fear the MSG crowd will turn on them quickly.

kartanoman

Quote from: coggs on May 30, 2024, 08:35:14 AMWhen it is 2-2, I always feel like game 5 is a 2-for-1 deal.  I am sure at some time today, someone will post on twitter the % of series that end in 6 when it is 2-2 after 4.  Going tonight.  Pumped.  They need to come out strong as I fear the MSG crowd will turn on them quickly.

Tonight is huge, no question. Is it the end-all if they lose? It might feel that way. But the legend in the ESPN studio will be there to remind you that his team, 30 years ago, got shellacked by the Devils in Game Five at the Garden and we all know what happened in Jersey that's now part of Rangers' lore.

So, it's not about getting ahead of ourselves now. Keep the emotions and focus for tonight only. The Rangers have to get themselves back on track through certain players needing to break through their funk and make an impact. If they can do that, and stand strong at the end of the game when Florida is going kamikaze on them, they'll be all right.

Forget the dominance narratives. At the end of the day, three games have gone into overtime and they've won two of them. They're still very much in this thing and now they have to demonstrate that resilience that's been their key trait all season.

It's a three-game series with up to two at the Garden, with an opportunity to go to the Stanley Cup Finals! This is it! None of us here, back on opening day, if we knew this would be where the Rangers would end up, would complain or have an issue with. Just remember how the season started with the rotten taste of that Devils' series still fresh in everyone's mouth. That's long past now.

Three-game series for the right to play for the Holy Grail. This is amazing and this series, in my opinion, is far from over and will keep us on edge to its very end.

Fingers crossed for the Blueshirts and LGR!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

coggs

Although, I am wondering about something.  Where is all the talk about Florida relying too much on the PP?  Oh, that is only a complaint when it is the Rangers?

Messiah717

Quote from: coggs on May 30, 2024, 08:35:14 AMWhen it is 2-2, I always feel like game 5 is a 2-for-1 deal.  I am sure at some time today, someone will post on twitter the % of series that end in 6 when it is 2-2 after 4.  Going tonight.  Pumped.  They need to come out strong as I fear the MSG crowd will turn on them quickly.

It's 79%

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: coggs on May 30, 2024, 11:00:40 AMAlthough, I am wondering about something.  Where is all the talk about Florida relying too much on the PP?  Oh, that is only a complaint when it is the Rangers?

Yes, I was wondering the same thing.

nb587

Its been a strange series so far.  To me, the Panthers have been clearly better in 3 of the 4 games, some of which by wide margins. The only reason the series is not over, or close to being over is that Igor is playing at a super level plus Bob had one pretty bad game which I don't expect to be repeated.  What's very puzzling to me is that in game 4, the Rangers came out strong and outplayed the Panthers in the 1st period and then something happened and it was all Panthers. I hope Lavolette can figure out how to get 60 minutes of the 1st period intensity.

Gmo11

Quote from: coggs on May 30, 2024, 11:00:40 AMAlthough, I am wondering about something.  Where is all the talk about Florida relying too much on the PP?  Oh, that is only a complaint when it is the Rangers?

I wish the Rangers PP was rolling like theirs is right now.  I'd gladly take that.  I don't care if they only score PP goals the rest of the way so long as they get 3 or 4 of them a game.  Just score, they all count the same.

Giant Obsession

Two things about this series...

1.  Fox is definitely plying injured

2.  Equally as important Florida is just better at imposing their will and the Rangers are.

those 2 things it would take a heavy dose to "puck luck" to salvage this series.

Looking forward to no Trouba next year.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Messiah717

Soft team that will be soundly eliminated in Florida.  Mika should be told to lift his NTC and be sent out of here.  Completely invisible and useless out there.  Panarin went from MVP like play during the season to just wanting to skate around the perimeter.  You can't win when your top line produces absolutely nothing.  Very stubborn by this coach to not move Lafreniere up to top PP line.  No adjustments and stubbornness from a HOF coach.

Just_jimmy

They've blown it.  They'll get eliminated in next game.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk