News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: NY Rangers 2023 - 2024 Season

Started by Jaime, August 25, 2023, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: Messiah717 on June 11, 2024, 02:51:23 AMYou're a laughable and pathetic blind apologist.  Go run one off into the one cup this organization has in 84 years.
That doesnt answer the question.  But, I will address yours, really do not care about what the franchise struggles before I was born.  Just like the Giants being good in the 50s and early 60s or bad in the 70s doesn't matter to me. HOWEVER, you may want to learn about how the league was run pre-expansion of '67.  No, I am not talking about territorial rights.  You, however, are the typical social-media rangers fans who can't see the trees when standing in the forest.  You want to dump Kakko.  You also wanted to dump Lafreniere, wanted to dump Chytil when he was 20, Kreider when he was 22.  You wanted to dump JT Miller, etc.  xxxx, if you were old enough you would have wanted dump Leetch, Messier, and Richter after the 93 season.

Messiah717

Quote from: coggs on June 11, 2024, 07:31:42 AMThat doesnt answer the question.  But, I will address yours, really do not care about what the franchise struggles before I was born.  Just like the Giants being good in the 50s and early 60s or bad in the 70s doesn't matter to me. HOWEVER, you may want to learn about how the league was run pre-expansion of '67.  No, I am not talking about territorial rights.  You, however, are the typical social-media rangers fans who can't see the trees when standing in the forest.  You want to dump Kakko.  You also wanted to dump Lafreniere, wanted to dump Chytil when he was 20, Kreider when he was 22.  You wanted to dump JT Miller, etc.  xxxx, if you were old enough you would have wanted dump Leetch, Messier, and Richter after the 93 season.

Now you just have no argument or logic so you make things up.  When did I ever say dump those other players?  I also never said go dump the entire team.  That said anyone thinking nothing should change or be shaken up but thinks there will be a different result is by definition insane.  This again has the looks of the Lundqvist years.  A team carried by the goalie who then wastes his career in one city with no championships to show for it.  You can take it back to 2012 where since then they have five ECF appearances but not one appearance in the finals.  That's pretty hard to do but regardless it proves one thing.  They have never been good enough.

But still here in the year 2024 fans like yourself think it's best to just keep going forward with the same old same old.  The Panthers aren't running rough shot to the cup after a previous year finals appearance by mistake.  They were willing to make changes and trade off a guy who was coming off a 115 point season. 

coggs

Quote from: Messiah717 on June 11, 2024, 11:06:53 AMNow you just have no argument or logic so you make things up.  When did I ever say dump those other players?  I also never said go dump the entire team.  That said anyone thinking nothing should change or be shaken up but thinks there will be a different result is by definition insane.  This again has the looks of the Lundqvist years.  A team carried by the goalie who then wastes his career in one city with no championships to show for it.  You can take it back to 2012 where since then they have five ECF appearances but not one appearance in the finals.  That's pretty hard to do but regardless it proves one thing.  They have never been good enough.

But still here in the year 2024 fans like yourself think it's best to just keep going forward with the same old same old.  The Panthers aren't running rough shot to the cup after a previous year finals appearance by mistake.  They were willing to make changes and trade off a guy who was coming off a 115 point season. 
When did I say they should not make changes?  If you think they are going to flip everything, you are nuts.  If you think that is the answer to just dump players then I am glad you have absolutely no say in what will happen with this team.

Messiah717

Quote from: coggs on June 11, 2024, 11:16:57 AMWhen did I say they should not make changes?  If you think they are going to flip everything, you are nuts.  If you think that is the answer to just dump players then I am glad you have absolutely no say in what will happen with this team.

My entire point has been changes are needed so now it's impossible to even know what your argument or complaint is.  Flip everything is a narrative you invented in your mind. 

coggs

Quote from: Messiah717 on June 11, 2024, 12:42:26 PMMy entire point has been changes are needed so now it's impossible to even know what your argument or complaint is.  Flip everything is a narrative you invented in your mind. 
"Kakko is a bust....Chytil one hit away...... Trouba a liability..... Miller blah blah blah, tired of fox, panarin, Kreider, zibanejad are losers".  There were your words.  Go to 7-11 or Wawa and buy a clue already.

Messiah717

Quote from: coggs on June 11, 2024, 12:54:28 PM"Kakko is a bust....Chytil one hit away...... Trouba a liability..... Miller blah blah blah, tired of fox, panarin, Kreider, zibanejad are losers".  There were your words.  Go to 7-11 or Wawa and buy a clue already.

I never said dump all of them.  It does bring up the question.  What have any of these players won?  Aside from fat contracts and no trade clauses that now tie Drury's hands?  Three straight years of being meekly pushed out of the playoffs.  You think these players played well for when it has counted those last three years they have been ghosts.  lol you're a lost apologist dude.  Sorry.

Messiah717

BTW look at what Florida's top players have done in the playoffs.  That's how you end up winning a cup. 

coggs

Quote from: Messiah717 on June 11, 2024, 01:09:17 PMBTW look at what Florida's top players have done in the playoffs.  That's how you end up winning a cup. 
Barkov, Reinhardt, Tkachuck did very little against the Rangers.  Verehaege (sp?) was the only on of their top-4 guys to make significant contributions.  They lost 3 games by 1 goal, yet Kakko is a bust and they are all worthless.  Gotchya.

Messiah717

Quote from: coggs on June 11, 2024, 01:13:59 PMBarkov, Reinhardt, Tkachuck did very little against the Rangers.  Verehaege (sp?) was the only on of their top-4 guys to make significant contributions.  They lost 3 games by 1 goal, yet Kakko is a bust and they are all worthless.  Gotchya.

Bro they played Florida nine times this year and couldn't manage a single regulation win.  That's not some fluke or accident.  Stop with the moral victories.  Not to mention this Florida team isn't going anywhere.  The Rangers have four top forwards I their 30s while Florida is younger. 

coggs

Quote from: Messiah717 on June 11, 2024, 01:20:23 PMBro they played Florida nine times this year and couldn't manage a single regulation win.  That's not some fluke or accident.  Stop with the moral victories.  Not to mention this Florida team isn't going anywhere.  The Rangers have four top forwards I their 30s while Florida is younger. 
who is talking about moral victories? You are saying they went quietly in ECF.  What the does that mean.  They lost in 6 games and all 6 could have gone either way.  You do not completely blow everything up over that.  You are acting like they were swept and outscored 22-3.

Messiah717

Quote from: coggs on June 11, 2024, 01:30:56 PMwho is talking about moral victories? You are saying they went quietly in ECF.  What the does that mean.  They lost in 6 games and all 6 could have gone either way.  You do not completely blow everything up over that.  You are acting like they were swept and outscored 22-3.

They scored twelve goals in six games and were outplayed badly in pretty much every third period.  You're not winning like that.  What was two years ago better when Tampa pushed them out in six because they played two good games before collapsing?  What about the seven against Jersey last year after being up 2-0?  And sorry making an impactful move could mean moving a player or two you might not really want to.  If possible I'd move Kakko and Zibanejad for the right return. 

coggs

Quote from: Messiah717 on June 11, 2024, 01:40:04 PMThey scored twelve goals in six games and were outplayed badly in pretty much every third period.  You're not winning like that.  What was two years ago better when Tampa pushed them out in six because they played two good games before collapsing?  What about the seven against Jersey last year after being up 2-0?  And sorry making an impactful move could mean moving a player or two you might not really want to.  If possible I'd move Kakko and Zibanejad for the right return. 
"...For the right return...." I would move anyone.  You are saying Kakko is a bust and Zibanejad is a loser.  What do you call "the right return?"  Are you going to label McDavid a gutless loser when the Oilers lose this series?

files58

I'm not going to get in the middle of your back and forth. I/m/o with 50+ years of watching hockey the following from one of my earlier posts is what the Rangers should do.
"Play a smothering, grinding defensive style BACKSTOPPED by an All-World Goalie. Nothing discourages an opponent like having to go through a meat grinder only to then face a goalie like Igor. John Cooper during the season described the Rangers as difficult to play against. Multiply that "difficult" by three."

Igor should be the last line of defense, not depended upon to be the main line of defense. Mirror the Lemaire/Brodeur Devils. It worked for the great Canadien teams of the late 70's. Yes they were a defensive team. It worked for the Devils. With an alteration or two it would work for the Rangers. The Rangers for once also need to incorporate elements of a MEAN game. Hockey for all it's beauty and skill is also violent. Bennet got away with punching Marchand for all the world to see, and Lonborg took out Vesey with a head shot even though his shoulder was hurt. No fines(as far as I know), no penalties for either hit. 

Messiah717

That's kind of the point.  Having two many of the same kind of player isn't working.  Thankfully, Lafreniere emerged and looks like a stud.  He belongs on the first line and on the PP1.  He's now the guy you build around.  Not aging veterans.  There's no 100% guarantee on a trade but I'd say Tkachuk for a package of mainly Huberdeau was huge for Florida. 

Messiah717

Quote from: Messiah717 on June 11, 2024, 01:56:40 PMThat's kind of the point.  Having two many of the same kind of player isn't working.  Thankfully, Lafreniere emerged and looks like a stud.  He belongs on the first line and on the PP1.  He's now the guy you build around.  Not aging veterans.  There's no 100% guarantee on a trade but I'd say Tkachuk for a package of mainly Huberdeau was huge for Florida.