News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Nice quick read: "Eli Manning has faith Daniel Jones will deliver Giants a title

Started by DragonSoul, September 02, 2023, 01:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Brining up this thread from Sept 2023.

Eli Manning is at it again. Does he know something we don't? I was a huge Jones fan, but even I think its time to move on. Eli today said the Giants shouldn't draft a QB and stick with Jones. He fill with a better O-line, Jones can be productive

Eli Manning: Giants shouldn't draft a QB, 'fill some other areas' of need instead

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/02/eli-manning-new-york-giants-shouldnt-draft-qb-fill-some-other-areas-need-instead/

The KING is in the building

DaveBrown74

They have become friends and there is a personal connection there. Eli came right out and said that. I value Eli's opinions, but I also think there is some emotion involved there.

No matter what anyone thinks of Jones' ability as a QB, while his personality may be similar, one way in which they're diametrically different is durability. Jones has had a ton of injuries, most pretty serious, that have plagued him in all but one year as a pro. Not only is he injury-prone, but these injuries have a cumulative physical and psychological effect. If Eli wants to keep advocating for Jones publicly, I'd like to hear him address the durability issue. Because part of what made Eli great was the fact that he was the exact opposite of Jones in this capacity.

Fletch

ISn't Eli a "consultant" for the Giants or something? So he is getting paid to be a celebrity endorser for the Gaints basically. Pretty clear Mara wants to roll w/ Jones going forward and, will leak to his media buddies, get his legacy players to do his bidding etc. Pretty disgusting and incompetent.

Peyton Manning lost his starting job to Andrew Luck under similar circumstances and that was Peyton Manning !!!! We're going to keep a below avg. QB who has always been below avg. since high school AND STILL IS!!!! I might be done with the Giants.

Ed Vette

Cooper's and Warner's kids are up and coming but at least two years away. If Sander's son isn't seriously injured he will come out next year. He might be worth trading up for. If Jones plays behind an improved line (Oxymoron) the Giants may be out of range. Figure a 10-win season and a playoff bid.

Does anyone besides BluesCruz believe Tommy has a serious shot at being the Franchise QB?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 02, 2023, 01:16:19 PMCooper's and Warner's kids are up and coming but at least two years away. If Sander's son isn't seriously injured he will come out next year. He might be worth trading up for. If Jones plays behind an improved line (Oxymoron) the Giants may be out of range. Figure a 10-win season and a playoff bid.

Does anyone besides BluesCruz believe Tommy has a serious shot at being the Franchise QB?
I'd rather trot out Tommy than Jones

Jclayton92

I just can't see how any logical fan can watch 5 years of 6 yard outs and turnovers just to say yes please, give me more of that horrible qb play we've had for 5 years.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 02, 2023, 02:38:15 PMI just can't see how any logical fan can watch 5 years of 6 yard outs and turnovers just to say yes please, give me more of that horrible qb play we've had for 5 years.

I don't think many Giants fans are at this point. The Jones apologist/excuse movement has become a very small, fringe segment of the fan base at this point. I'd say the overwhelming majority of fans would like to see the Giants go in a different direction at the position.

Philosophers

I think Eli genuinely believes that.  I do not believe at all think he is just saying that.

Painter

Perhaps Eli, who has been labeled a "profoundly mediocre" Quarterback with a .500 career regular season record yet won win 2 Lombos, may feel that Daniel could win at least one. :-?? In any case, given what they will owe DJ next season they have no choice but to let him try.  :greetings:

Cheers!

Jclayton92

katkavage

Philosophers

I am simply not convinced that these 2024 QBs are as high caliber as the media and many on this board think in terms of being a star NFL QB.  That is not an endorsement for DJ to be our QB for 2024.

I would not be surprised if in round 1 Giants do not draft a QB and instead continue to build around the QB position.  That is also because of money owed to DJ.  By 2025 they will be definitely looking for a rookie QB but maybe rest of the team will be better.

StompYouOT

Daniel Jones has some compromising pictures or information on Eli. No other explanation.

I'm fine not drafting a QB next spring because I don't know if I love the options, but Jones?? Fuggahdaboutit