News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thomas out vs. Seahawks

Started by JT39, September 30, 2023, 11:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 01, 2023, 09:49:26 PMJones has only thrown over 201 yards 7 times in the last 22 games so I don't think the barometer of 300 is accurate.

I was including rushing as well. My apologies.

Trench

Jones needs a big game.

sxdxca38

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 01, 2023, 04:01:31 PMSo today Houston had both of their starting tackles out, including perennial pro bowl stud left tackle Laremy Tunsil. They also had their starting left guard Shaq Mason out. The line was in absolute shambles today, and they were going up an elite Steeler pass rush.

Those are devastating injuries and an impossible situation, right? I mean we're singing the woe is me song about missing just Andrew Thomas against a bad defense. These guys are missing their equivalent Andrew Thomas plus two other O line starters, and they're up against TJ Watt and company. They must have had no chance on offense today, right?

Well, apparently they did have a chance. They lit it up on offense. Since bad teams apparently have no chance if any key players are injured, can someone please explain to me how a rookie QB (CJ Stroud) was able to throw for over 300 yards today on over 10 YPA, two TDs, no picks, and a rating around 111? I'm struggling to understand it given that their line is in complete shambles. Did Stroud just get freakishly lucky somehow given normally this sort of thing is impossible?

Hi Dave,

I'd like to add a couple of expressions here.

First, it's quite early but Stroud has looked good, no question.

Second, in defense of DJ, three out of four of his interceptions, the balls were placed perfectly hitting Waller and Barkley right in their hands, and they popped it up straight in the air, all three were intercepted.

This is why Stroud has had zero interceptions and DJ already has four.

If Strouds passes were popped up in the air he would have a few picks as well.

Once again, not trying to make this a DJ vs Stroud topic as Stroud may eventually prove to be the better player, but at least answering a part of the reason why.

Okay I'm off to work, ttyl.

MightyGiants

Just an FYI, not only is Thomas out for this game, his status was downgraded from day to day to week to week.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

It's almost as if we are lining up excuses for Jones before the game has even been played to know if we've won or lost.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 02, 2023, 02:02:33 PMIt's almost as if we are lining up excuses for Jones before the game has even been played to know if we've won or lost.

Jess,

This is the sort of comment that creates needless animosity. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 02, 2023, 02:14:04 PMJess,

This is the sort of comment that creates needless animosity. 
It's factual, every comment/thread has been on skills/line etc. Not sure how my comment created animosity, and not the guy calling people pathetic and know it alls earlier in the thread.

If you read the entire thread that's how it seems, everyone assumes we're doomed without SB and AT so they immediately go to the line and weapons. Not Jones who outside of 2 quarters hasn't played well but the line, skills, and D.

We can't keep giving 1 individual player a pass or creating a soft landing for them while the rest of the team gets annihilated in the comments.

JT39

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 02, 2023, 02:52:08 PMIt's factual, every comment/thread has been on skills/line etc. Not sure how my comment created animosity, and not the guy calling people pathetic and know it alls earlier in the thread.

If you read the entire thread that's how it seems, everyone assumes we're doomed without SB and AT so they immediately go to the line and weapons. Not Jones who outside of 2 quarters hasn't played well but the line, skills, and D.

We can't keep giving 1 individual player a pass or creating a soft landing for them while the rest of the team gets annihilated in the comments.

Again, I ask this question and never get a direct response. If the OL doesnt block, and the WRs dont get open - what is he suppose to do?

If Jones makes poor decisions, gets time, misses WRs - then sure he gets the blame, probably all of it. But if he is getting scked in less than 2 seconds, if Barkley and Waller and Campbell keep dropping passes and the defense gives up 35 points - are you really blaming the QB?

Its like people are just going to blame him no matter what.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 02, 2023, 02:52:08 PMIt's factual, every comment/thread has been on skills/line etc. Not sure how my comment created animosity, and not the guy calling people pathetic and know it alls earlier in the thread.

What's to stop the other side from accusing you of setting the bar too high so you can bash Jones some more?   We all want quality discussion and one way to achieve that goal is to stick to the topic rather than engage in speculation of people's motives.   None of us are Lamont Cranston, we don't know what evil lurks in the hearts of men.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 02, 2023, 04:47:26 PMWhat's to stop the other side from accusing you of setting the bar too high so you can bash Jones some more?   We all want quality discussion and one way to achieve that goal is to stick to the topic rather than engage in speculation of people's motives.   None of us are Lamont Cranston, we don't know what evil lurks in the hearts of men.
But I'm not bashing Jones Rich, I defended him all summer from Fletch and others when no one else was to be seen.

Setting the bar too high? Where in my comments have I set the bar to high?

In Jones last 4 games he's thrown for the 100 yard mark in 3 and 300 in 1. You'd think we had the other NY Qb Zach Wilson not a guy that just got paid 40 million per.

Yet all i hear about is lines, coaching, skills the same excuse no matter who's brought in, at one point is it the QB?

He's on track to have another 3,000 yard season maybe with 10-12 Tds and just as many if not more picks. On what planet is that ok paying him 40 million and it continue to be everyone else's fault but the QB?

Jclayton92

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 03:17:35 PMAgain, I ask this question and never get a direct response. If the OL doesnt block, and the WRs dont get open - what is he suppose to do?

If Jones makes poor decisions, gets time, misses WRs - then sure he gets the blame, probably all of it. But if he is getting scked in less than 2 seconds, if Barkley and Waller and Campbell keep dropping passes and the defense gives up 35 points - are you really blaming the QB?

Its like people are just going to blame him no matter what.
Dude you've been here 5 minutes this has been going on for years.

Did the oline do good enough for you in the cardinals game? Didn't hear anyone complaining then, it's the same line. Yet they magically blocked and the wrs got open when the Qb actually moved in the pocket and took shots down field.

You're going off a snap reaction from the 49ers game in which Jones had time to do things and failed to do them vs one of the best defense in the league

We have the fastest wr unit in the NFL separation is not an issue. The Qb throwing 5-6 yard routes doesn't give the skills time to get open.

Jones does make poor decisions, has time on a lot of plays, and yet never gets the blame ever lol. Like I said you're new here, it's always everyone else but the Qb  here despite some of the ridiculous numbers.

JT39

There's a stat that says our starting WRs is last in the NFL in getting separation - so where are they getting separation.

There's a stat that he has been pressured 27 times in less than 2 seconds.

These things matter when evaluating the game and I don't care if I'm here one month or 100 years - I undersrand the game and if you're not willing to listen to other people who say things differently than you - that's a you problem not mine.

Woody

Giants defense has to show up play football

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woody

Giants prime time game record not good ...change it tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue Since ‘62