News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dolphins Gameday Thread

Started by EDjohnst1981, October 08, 2023, 12:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soundwave401

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 02:12:10 PMThey cannot be worse

Did... did you see the blown block Thomas had earlier...?

killarich

It's first 1&15 can we get a three and out ?

As I type ..nope defense gives up a huge play ...this is a joke

Trench

killarich

Ward was being held !! Wtf refs

katkavage

Quote from: Philosophers on October 08, 2023, 02:11:11 PMI am not sure if Jones being stoic and quiet is being the leader the Giants need.  Maybe he needs to be more emotional and get in the faces of his OL and implore them to do their jobs better.  Frankly they look indifferent to their poor play including the 11 sack effort against the Seahawks.
To be a leader, you need to perform at a high level. Jones has not. Just because he is the QB does make him a leader. Nor does his paycheck.

HondurasGiants

Rambo89

Quote from: Woody on October 08, 2023, 02:13:36 PMGive me a break.      The guy is doing Ok.  There absolutely no team around him without Barkley.....and you guys think that despite that. . Jones should be able to carry this team all by himself ...without a line...without legit receivers...without a running game...and I am not emotional about the guy...some of you guys just don't let up on him...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's not some rookie QB.  He's a 5th year QB who was just handed a big contract.  He should be able to read a defense pre snap and adjust accordingly which he never does.  He has weapons in the passing game he just isn't utilizing them by going downfield frequently.  Hitting them with underneath routes does nothing.  You continually giving him a pass for everything believing he's great is what you want to roll with no matter what.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Messiah717

I'm shocked at how bad this team really is. It's hard to understand what the plan is with this roster.  They didn't step back from last year.  They fell off a cliff.

H-Town G-Fan

Honestly going for FGs in a game like this is a huge waste. No real chance to compete that way. Sure, maybe you lose by more by giving up points if you don't get the first down... but this is more of a slow bleed pretending FGs will be the difference. If they can't score TDs, they can't win. Offense is just... non-functional. Doesn't look like it belongs in the NFL.

Trench

Jones hasn't done anything to elevate the offense. As was stated earlier he needs to have some emotion and get in guys faces!...make them accountable. He has had guys open and keeps checking down.  Woody will get mad at me, but we are now 5 games without a single TD in the 1st half!!!! 

It is unacceptable

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Woody on October 08, 2023, 02:13:36 PMGive me a break.      The guy is doing Ok.  There absolutely no team around him without Barkley.....and you guys think that despite that. . Jones should be able to carry this team all by himself ...without a line...without legit receivers...without a running game...and I am not emotional about the guy...some of you guys just don't let up on him...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which is exactly why the giants shouldn't have hitched their wagon to 40 million per year.

They aren't good enough, despite barkley's outstanding start last year and Jones playing very well to best the Colts, Washington and Vikings.

They shouldn't have signed him. Found a bridge QB then draft a guy you want to play and eventually play.

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

katkavage

Soundwave401

I honestly just want Daboll to go into IDGAF mode. Pull the playcalling from Kafka, tell DJ just go out there and play your game. Screens to Gray, deep balls to Hyatt, option runs... there is nothing to lose at this point. Just open it all up.