News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones

Started by Trench, October 08, 2023, 05:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HondurasGiants

The offense looked GOOD for ONE drive...the opening drive against Dallas when everyone was healthy...

Andrew Thomas got injured during that blocked FG, right?

I just HOPE (like our GM and HC irresponsibly hoped and obviously had no Plan B) our OL and Jones are ALL healthy by Week 7...even if we're 1-5...to see what we've got at QB...

And maybe our HC & company have gotten their act together by then as well

We NEED to be able to properly evaluate Daniel Jones..which has been impossible THIS year.

Jclayton92

If you don't know what Jones is after 60 games then I'm not sure another 10 are really going to do anything.

katkavage

Quote from: HondurasGiants on October 09, 2023, 05:31:24 PMThe offense looked GOOD for ONE drive...the opening drive against Dallas when everyone was healthy...

I just HOPE (like our GM and HC irresponsibly hoped and obviously had no Plan B) our OL and Jones are ALL healthy by Week 7...even if we're 1-5...to see what we've got at QB...

We NEED to be able to properly evaluate Daniel Jones..which has been impossible THIS year.
In year 7? 8? My evaluation is that he is in the 12-18 range and that's being kind.

HondurasGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 09, 2023, 05:52:28 PMIf you don't know what Jones is after 60 games then I'm not sure another 10 are really going to do anything.

Like it or not...our management evaluated enough to give him a $40M per year contract (albeit with a 2-year out).

We NEED to evaluate him as our franchise QB...with a functional OL and respectable weapons.

IMO 10 games will help in the process.

HondurasGiants

Quote from: katkavage on October 09, 2023, 05:56:54 PMIn year 7? 8? My evaluation is that he is in the 12-18 range and that's being kind.

These years...5 and 6...and I hope he is in the 10-15 range...

Rambo89

Quote from: HondurasGiants on October 09, 2023, 06:11:17 PMLike it or not...our management evaluated enough to give him a $40M per year contract (albeit with a 2-year out).

We NEED to evaluate him as our franchise QB...with a functional OL and respectable weapons.

Question wouldn't that evaluation of him as the franchise QB taken place prior to handing him that contract?
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

LennG

Quote from: HondurasGiants on October 09, 2023, 06:11:17 PMLike it or not...our management evaluated enough to give him a $40M per year contract (albeit with a 2-year out).

How many QBs in the league have those standards? Most have to make do with what they have and are evaluated on how they perform with what they do have. It's like you can't have your cake and eat it too. Unless Jones has these 'perfect' conditions, he cannot be evaluated?
 Not every situation is great but a good QB will rise above the fray and put his team on his back and perform. I am just sick and tired of the same old, same old. Last year it was WRs and now it's OL. Next year when we get rid of Barkley it will be no running game. Enough is enough. A good QB will overcome many 'bad' things, but Jones simply cannot. Everything has to be perfect in order for him to be evaluated. Nonsense.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: HondurasGiants on October 09, 2023, 05:31:24 PMThe offense looked GOOD for ONE drive...the opening drive against Dallas when everyone was healthy...

You make a fair point.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

Quote from: LennG on October 09, 2023, 06:36:54 PMHow many QBs in the league have those standards? Most have to make do with what they have and are evaluated on how they perform with what they do have. It's like you can't have your cake and eat it too. Unless Jones has these 'perfect' conditions, he cannot be evaluated?
 Not every situation is great but a good QB will rise above the fray and put his team on his back and perform. I am just sick and tired of the same old, same old. Last year it was WRs and now it's OL. Next year when we get rid of Barkley it will be no running game. Enough is enough. A good QB will overcome many 'bad' things, but Jones simply cannot. Everything has to be perfect in order for him to be evaluated. Nonsense.

Who's asking for perfect?

Can we at least see league average first?

MightyGiants

Quote from: JT39 on October 09, 2023, 06:42:34 PMWho's asking for perfect?

No one dies, but if you want to skew things against Daniel Jones you make that false claim.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 09, 2023, 06:42:34 PMWho's asking for perfect?

Average wouldn't be good enough for Daniel Jones.  He needs perfect anything less than it's unfair to him.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

HondurasGiants

Quote from: LennG on October 09, 2023, 06:36:54 PMHow many QBs in the league have those standards? Most have to make do with what they have and are evaluated on how they perform with what they do have. It's like you can't have your cake and eat it too. Unless Jones has these 'perfect' conditions, he cannot be evaluated?

Just to be clear...I used the words functional and respectable weapons...not perfect.

He was evaluated and given a contract.

Now he has 2 years to prove them right (or wrong).

Here'a to hoping we can do that (with a functional OL) and he thrives (or fails)...instead of having to watch this embarrassment of an offense on national TV.

HondurasGiants

T200

Quote from: katkavage on October 09, 2023, 10:04:13 AMYes, Daniel Jones has been all class. That's to his credit as a man. But what does that have to do with his playing ability? What does that have to do with results? All that derision that has been heaped on him by boorish fans and haters in the media is rough. The lack of an offensive line and great receivers (but an all world running back at times) made it hard to succeed. All these negative factors, yet Daniel Jones has made some serious money. I give him much credit for keeping his mouth shut while cashing his paycheck.
I wish I could like this multiple times.

Character is great. Being a model team player is wonderful. Playing competitive, winning football is all that matters.

I'd rather Jones be an obnoxious a-hole if he was a consistently 10-12 game winner.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

If they (management) need more than 5 seasons to evaluate a player, they are in the wrong damn business. And I need another team to root for.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: