News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Connections
Puzzle #142
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟦🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

I outsmarted myself instead of going with the obvious.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #142
🟨🟦🟦🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟦🟦🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟪🟪
🟪🟦🟪🟪
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I rushed this one and made it way harder than it needed to be. I am learning that it is absolutely crucial to read and process every single word before making your first guess.

Connections
Puzzle #143
🟪🟩🟦🟪
🟪🟪🟦🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Jolly Blue Giant

Connections
Puzzle #143
🟦🟦🟦🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟪
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #143
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟨🟪
🟦🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Connections
Puzzle #143
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on November 01, 2023, 12:14:32 PMConnections
Puzzle #143
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

You must be a lot smarter than me, Tim - I can't seem to find a relationship between more than two or three words. I truly suck at this  ~X(
The fact that Keith Richards has outlived Richard Simmons, sure makes me question this whole, "healthy eating and exercise" thing

MightyGiants

For me, it's feast or famine.  Crashed and burned yesterday, but perfect today.

I feel like you need Sherlock Holmes type knowledge for this game.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on November 01, 2023, 12:37:09 PMYou must be a lot smarter than me, Tim - I can't seem to find a relationship between more than two or three words. I truly suck at this  ~X(
Smart is relative. I've seen more than enough of your posts to know that you're no slouch in the intelligence department.  :ok:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 01, 2023, 02:46:20 PMFor me, it's feast or famine.  Crashed and burned yesterday, but perfect today.

I feel like you need Sherlock Holmes type knowledge for this game.

I'm still trying to develop from a strategic standpoint. One thing you definitely can't do in this is rush.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on November 01, 2023, 03:02:08 PMSmart is relative. I've seen more than enough of your posts to know that you're no slouch in the intelligence department.  :ok:
I are more smarter than some  :crazy:

T200

Connections
Puzzle #144
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟦
🟪🟦🟪🟦
🟪🟪🟦🟦

See? I ain't so smart  :doh:

Jolly Blue Giant

Finally got one  :what:

Connections
Puzzle #144
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟪🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

DaveBrown74

First two I thought were pretty gettable but then I stumbled a bit before getting the third. I actually don't know I found the third one harder than the first two. I don't really think it was. Sometimes the damn answer is right in front of you but you don't see it right away.

The fourth one I think was legit hard.

Connections
Puzzle #144
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟪
🟪🟨🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #144
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟨🟦🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Wiseguy tricked me on the computer combo initially.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin