News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 22, 2024, 07:15:05 AMConnections
Puzzle #377
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
=D>
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Classic example of why it's smarter to move on to a different topic when you're pretty sure you know one and get it wrong because there are multiple options. Should have moved right on to green after the first miss on yellow but I was undisciplined and it cost me a life.

Connections
Puzzle #378
🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 23, 2024, 05:55:07 AMClassic example of why it's smarter to move on to a different topic when you're pretty sure you know one and get it wrong because there are multiple options. Should have moved right on to green after the first miss on yellow but I was undisciplined and it cost me a life.

Connections
Puzzle #378
🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
I fell in the same trap but I think I had to have had more than one wrong on yellow because the word that fit in green wasn't taken out the first two tries and both times it said I had one wrong.

Connections
Puzzle #378
🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #379
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟦🟪🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Connections
Puzzle #379
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #380
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #381
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Bit of a late and somewhat boozy work dinner last night...

Connections
Puzzle #381
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟪🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #382
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #383
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Connections
Puzzle #383
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨

DaveBrown74

Connections
Puzzle #384
🟦🟪🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #384
🟦🟪🟩🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟩🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Tricky one
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 29, 2024, 09:16:29 AMConnections
Puzzle #384
🟦🟪🟩🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟩🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Tricky one

Yup. They got me on the days of the week one with my first guess. Frankly that was a fully legitimate guess and there was no reason to think that wasn't the yellow or green row.

DaveBrown74

Got me focused on a category that wasn't even one of them.

Connections
Puzzle #385
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟦🟨🟦
🟪🟦🟨🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟨🟦🟦
🟨🟦🟦🟦